• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My battery problem is no more. Please read.

Existence

Jun 9, 2010
Ok, I've read all the threads about the battery problems still to find out that i was only getting 5 hours max from all the tips/tricks. After my discovery i have been unplugged since 9am this morning with a 1 min charge from transferring files into my SD card from computer. I also had a random reset which lost my up and awake time. As of now its 5:52pm and I have 60% battery life left with up time (after reset) 3:40 and awake time of :47. Before reset it had 6:20 up time and 2:10 awake time. It has been almost 12 hours since i unplugged from wall and still above 50% battery.

Now what i have done. I went ahead and added ATK again, System Panel and CDMA trick (network app). I also did the charge battery full on, charge battery full off trick as well. The problem im 99% sure about that was killing my battery was the auto sync (facebook, gmail, stocks and news). I left weather on. What i did was go into menu>accounts and syncs>manage accounts. I have both Background data and Auto sync checked. I went into my account settings and unchecked them there. For instance under Facebook for HTC sense I went to data and snyc and unchecked both of those. I did this for all of the accounts except weather.

I have a gmail account but only used it for my contacts that i transferred from Windows Live. But so far this is what i have done and it has made my battery life a lot better than before. Hopefully this will not only help me but others. Please keep this up to date if this works for you. Specially those who have Facebook.

Also if someone can tell me the app to where i can screencap my phone. Please let me know. Ill upload a photo here.

870661bf.png

Upvote 0
I did all of the same things this weekend, but also added the Mobile Network widget to one of my spaces, and just keep that off when I don't need data. Had WiFi on just when I needed it.

My battery is crazy better. Total of less than a half hour of charging - just force of habit - in the last 48 hours and Spare Parts says I'm at 85%.

Total uptime is 48:39:58, Awake time is 8:32:17 - total call time today was about 3 hours, still had 50% battery - just gave it 20 or those 30 minutes I'd mentioned.

Whatever's in that combo works.

And yes, this is all anecdotal - but - it says that I can adjust to survive my worst days.

I have the light (free) version of SystemPanel so I can't show history.

By the way - I also put my gmail into regular mail and let ATK assassinate gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones