My battery pull tab is gone :(

Last Updated:

1. MadlibTheBadKid

MadlibTheBadKid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wasn't an idiot and pulled it out on purpose. But maybe from pulling it from having my phone rooted is the cause. Anyways, its gone.

Does anyone have any fixes?

I was thinking of putting scotch tape around the battery with a little slack from both ends on the one side, so I have a non sticky homemade "pull tab". It should work but just wondering if anyone has a better idea i'm not thinking of. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

If the black part of the tab (the larger piece that is flat in the phone) is still there just make a new tab with some clear packing tape.

3. MadlibTheBadKid

sadly....its not
    my battery was jammed and actually the metal strip side of the battery came loose
    so i have no power and the phone wont boot...although when i plug it in the screen comes on and the battery screen has a big ? on it

verizon wants me to come to a store when its clearly the battery and my phone is rooted so i want to avoid that

i'd rather buy a $30 battery than void my warranty

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Loop a piece of dental floss around the battery and snap it in.

5. bladebarrier

bladebarrier Well-Known Member

I was able to pry mine out very easily with a flathead screwdriver, designed for electronics (just a small, thin flathead, really).

After that, I'd see if it will fit in ok, with a single wrap of electrical tape around it, with a little tab of it sticking out.

I still had my tab, so I was able to put it back in after my blunder, but if you need a more permanent solution you could always super glue a strip of thin plastic (think like a cut screen protector), into the place where the original tab would go.

I'm not sure about the warranty issue, but when I had initially pulled it out by mistake, I read a bunch in forums where others had done the same, and they stated it won't breach the warranty to have removed it by mistake. Motorola told me to contact Verizon though. Moto was worthless for giving any assistance.

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Well, truth be told, this is an old problem. As I recall it's covered under warranty. Call Verizon.

7. MadlibTheBadKid

So I would get a new phone or just a new tab?

8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

MadlibTheBadKid likes this.
  9. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Forget about the battery tab. It's a pain anyway.

Remove the battery cover, and smack the camera hump firmly against your palm. Battery pops right out, way faster and easier than the stupidly-slippery battery tab.

MadlibTheBadKid likes this.