My battery won't chargeSupport

Last Updated:

1. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I picked up my X at 8am this morning. I've been on it all day long, but I'm noticing that my battery won't gain a charge even though it's been connected for a couple of hours. Am I doing something wrong or do I have an actual issue? I tried AC and USB power and pulled the battery and it's still at 50%.

2. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you didn't jam the charger into the HDMI port? Although I doubt it even fits.

Maybe a reboot? Perhaps it is charging but not updating
  3. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

No of course it's in the USB port :| I've rebooted it twice so far.
  4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Did install a task killer and kill any tasks?
  5. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

Yes that was the first app I downloaded. Could it have anything to do with USB debugging? I had to enable that to use PDA net.
  6. bogman2121

bogman2121 Well-Known Member

Yep I was having the same problem until i removed the TK and rebooted the phone, now it works like a charm
  7. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

You think task killer was causing your phone not to charge?
  8. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I think my problem was the phone only shows the charge in ten precent increments. I don't think I was giving it enough time to gain a whole ten percent since I was using it the entire time. It seems to be working fine now. I'm amazed by this phone.
  9. freakyhairtrx

freakyhairtrx New Member

My phone won't charge at all. I have tried the wall charger it came with on many outlets. The car charger doesn't work either. What do I do?
  10. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

Try a different battery. Go to a store, they usually have test batteries. If the battery is bad, have them replacement..assuiming you are still under warranty.
  11. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Aftermarket (Ebay, Amazon, etc) batteries not from Verizon, won't work with a recent update.

O/W I had a bad usb jack on my phone and it wouldn't charge and I had to replace it.

USB is a trickle charge, more than 2x faster with the wall charger.

OTOH, if you're using a lot while it's charging, it'll take a long time to charge. It will charge fastest if turned off and plugged in the AC outlet.