My bestbuy has not even recieved there shipment yet....

Last Updated:

1. mitchellmyler

mitchellmyler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just called my bestbuy in anderson SC they told me that they havnt received any droid x phones or accessories, it worries me i preorderded the phone on june 29th.... i might just wait outside my local verizon store at 6:45 am and watch a movie on my laptop until the doors open

Advertisement
  2. mikejaret

mikejaret Well-Known Member

ya well mine did...and they only got TWO.....they have more then fifteen preorders....i am very worried....

3. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Just go straight to Verizon corporate store. I think they dropped MIR for X, and give you instant discount. Call your local store and find out.

4. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

From what I remember in the past from working at BB, inventory would usually come in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

My closest Best Buy doesn't have their shipment in yet. They told me that it'll be on Wednesday that they call me or even Thursday.

6. Aookay

Aookay Well-Known Member

Usually it is the Monday or Wednesday before that we receive the phones.

7. abadgti

abadgti Well-Known Member

Im number 5 on the pre order list at my local BB and they aren't sure they will have them on Thursday or not. Should have saved my $50 and waited in line at the Verizon store.

8. dyno

dyno Well-Known Member

How do I know which Verizon stores in my area are "corporate" or not?

9. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

go to VZW website click on store locator link. or this one Store Locator - Verizon Wireless

enter your zip and it will pull up all stores that handle sales for your area. The Corporate stores will have a little store symbol beside their name like this
    [​IMG]

10. JubbaTheHutt

If they are a standalone store (i.e. Verizon branded). Non-corporate would be something like Best Buy, MyCell, etc.

11. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

here there is a stand alone store that has verizon written all over it but they are not a corporate store...they are in the old corporate store location though LOL

12. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Well-Known Member

The store in Spartanburg sc has some of theirs.

13. mitchellmyler

mitchellmyler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im in anderson sc and none :/

14. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member

My buddy is working tomorrow so I am going to hit him up for info.

15. derekisdman

derekisdman Member

At my BB store (Michigan) we have yet to receive any phones. We're getting six - three of which are employee pre-orders!

16. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member

Thats one thing about the pre-orders, I hope the employees dont start jackin pre-orders.

17. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

I thought BB puts the lockdown on that stuff? Where they cannot order or pre-order. I know that was the case with the EVO.

anthonygobot likes this.
  18. derekisdman

derekisdman Member

They had a lock down for the Iphone 4 and the Evo; but, thankfully, not for the Droid X ( because one of those pre-orders is mine! :p ). I actually think I'll end up ordering Midnight on Verizon, though.

19. _inKredible_

_inKredible_ Well-Known Member

Classy. You have no idea how excited I am for you.....

/sarcasm :cool:

20. derekisdman

derekisdman Member

Bah. I don't know why the sarcasm is necessary. Employees are people/customers too. If I order it at Midnight, I'll call the next day and tell them to sell my pre-order.

21. JubbaTheHutt

Actually, it's Corporate BB's policy that no employees are to be able to preorder items such as cellphones, especially one that is so highly anticipated.

You must either have a manager that likes you, or is an unknowing twit.

22. derekisdman

derekisdman Member

Or both. The mobile team received no information restricting pre-orders for the Droid X to employees; so they allowed them.

23. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

Not true. Stand Alones can still be owned by 3rd parties and are not necessarily corporately owned. But you'd never know it unless you asked them specifically or checked verizon's website before going in.

24. _inKredible_

_inKredible_ Well-Known Member

Eh, I understand that working at a place such as Best Buy you and other employees may or may not reap such benefits like this. That doesn't make it right or fair to the consumer; especially when you say your store is getting 3 phones in stock but 2 of them are already spoken for by employees that work there. It certainly doesn't help for you to come in here and brag about it. I'm unaware of Best Buy's policy on this subject but I can't see how you would be priority over the consumer. You say, " Employees are people/customers too"......explain how again when you are first in line to get a product that you will be short of stock on vs. the average joe that is hoping and praying he will be able to get one on launch day.

25. Aookay

Aookay Well-Known Member

If stock is short or is not enough to cover the preorders, the employees will have to wait, no matter the department. It's typically under the Mobile Managers approval is one is still able to be held for an employee.

I am an employee getting a Droid X on launch day. I knew I had an upgrade, and even though I really dislike Mail in rebates, I put my name in at the local verizon store to get it.

To me, sure, I could of preordered one, since I knew about it before the public, and maybe they would of let me get it. But that's not fair, and if I was on the other side of it (like, if a verizon employee was holding one for himself and it prevented me from getting one), I would not think favorably of the store.

We do everything we can to make our customers happy, this is not something that would fall into that category. If stock is low, the mobile manager has discretion to give those phones to customers over employees, whether you preordered or not. At our store we have employees who preordered iPhone 4s, who have yet to get their phone. They aren't completely happy, but they understand we really have been strained with supply.

"Or both. The mobile team received no information restricting pre-orders for the Droid X to employees; so they allowed them."

This isn't completely true, the second wave of preorders was not availiable to employees. And even if you did preorder, the customers can still have priority over you if supply is short.

I know employees are people/customers too, but we have to think of our customers first. If we lose a customer(s) because employees made the product unavailable, we all lose, not just Mobile.

Just be prepared if you have to wait for your phone.

mitchellmyler and _inKredible_ like this.