my biggest fear- handcent may be burning my batterySupport

Last Updated:

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sure hope this Isnt true, but In using spare parts, seems last few days my partial wake time gulper is handcent. This would be a real shame. I hate the stock messaging app.

Advertisement
  2. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

are you using the new version's scrollable widget?

3. Jeffruby

No, just the pop UPS. No widgets

4. Jeffruby

Update, on for one hour, handcent partial use time by far most used, since unplugged. Wtf....try it yourself, using spareparts from app store

5. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

That would suck balls. I've been trying to find out what is keeping my "up time" and "awake time" consistently the same. It only happens every once in a while, but when it does my battery drops like a rock. I've taken to shutting the phone off completely, pulling the battery and then turning it back on. That fixes it temporarily but I need to find the cause. Been working on it for a few months now with no resolution. If it's Handcent I'm going to be very upset. I'll test along with you today.

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Had my phone charged to 100% last night. Unplugged it put in airplane mode and went to sleep. 7 hours later turned phone on and it was at 56% :confused:

This has never happened at the worst it would go to 92% overnight in airplane mode. Handcent seems to be the culprit under usage and system panel, but HC did just come with an update today for me, but says nothing about battery. hmm...

7. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Handcent is not keeping my phone awake. Back to the drawing board.

Yeah, I got the update too. Can't test now with the old version but I'll be glad if it's fixed.

8. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

The old version did it for me when I had the pop-up enabled. Once I got rid of that, it was fine. I'm not using hte widget or hte pop up in the new version, and I'm having no issues with handcent keeping my phone awake.

9. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

I have Handcent. I wanted to test if handcent was battery-heavy so I restarted my phone to clear battery statistics, then powered it on and made sure Handcent was working properly. Then I put my phone to sleep for one hour. Just woke it up and checked battery stats.
    Uptime: 59 minutes
    Awake time: 2 minutes 30s.
    Battery percent lost: < 2%

So... i don't think it's handcent.

edit: I don't have 'spare parts', nor do i know what it is, but handcent alone doesn't have a battery issue.

10. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member

I just uninstalled it from my Dinc. I installed it this morning and immediately fell in love with it. My set has been awake since though. What is strange is System Monitor shows it up a bit but not the 4.5 hours the phone had been awake. It didn't show anything up like that. Handcent was the most at like 5 minutes. It is the only thing I had installed though today and never had this issue since I got the phone.