My boot animation just wont "push" :( please help !!Support

Last Updated:

1. SamyO

SamyO Member This Topic's Starter

I have looked up so many ways, but I've just given up.. I literally just spent a whole day trying to figure out why this wont transfer :( I resized the images, made the file size WAY smaller then intended, and I'm just angered xD lol! someone please help me.. I really want my custom animation on my incredible :/ I'll put a link leading to both files so everyone can see..

FileAve.com - samyo's files

please let my Droid enjoy my animation :D !!

Advertisement
  2. SamyO

bump, please :/ kind of a noob too xD just got the phone a day ago. lol

3. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this is relavent, but your file naming structure...

When your files jump from 00099 to 000100, i'd drop one of the zeros to make it actually sequential.

you have it as:

480_427_00099
    480_427_000100

i'd make it:

480_427_00099
    480_427_00100

that *may* be the issue.

Are you having problems successfully connecting to the device as well? Meaning have you successfully been able to put the bootanimation.zip files onto the device?

another thing that is extremely important...

How are you zipping the files into bootanimation.zip? with compression? the files are not supposed to be compressed, only stored into the zip file.
    not sure about other zip programs, but with 7zip you can specify the compression level to "store" instead of maximum,etc. It's got to be "store". That particular issue burnt me for about 3 hours when I first tried the bootanimation...

Let us know how it goes.

and, btw... I have a remote support tool that would allow me to "pop-in" on your PC. We use it to support users at work. (I've helped countless blackberry users load os's in the past) If you need, maybe we can schedule a few minutes to see if I can help.

4. SamyO

Attached Files:

5. SamyO

bump :/