• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My BootAnimation

I finished a version. First video was a test version, not complete.
This I would say is alpha version.
I've turned off and on my phone 4 times and it's loaded everytime.

Sorry I don't have time to make a video. I have to take a Law for Accountants final exam right now. About 4 hours long...

sword/dragon swipe then BB splatters to Bugless Beast and then loading bar loop.

If you want to try it out I uploaded it here. (UNZIP the file!!! I included my animation and the stock animation in the zip. DO NOT JUST RENAME IT. UNZIP it.)
Bugless Beast DO:A Boot v0.0.1
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If you do not know how to install the bootanimation.zip then DO NOT download this file. Or reasearch how yourself. I'm not going to explain how right now.
If you know what your doing I don't see anyway shape or form how this would jack up your ROM. The worst case is it won't load and you'll just see a black screen till it starts up.
I did all my tests installs copying and pasting in Root Explorer. Some did not work and it just showed nothing till OS booted.

Upvote 0
I finished a version. First video was a test version, not complete.
This I would say is alpha version.
I've turned off and on my phone 4 times and it's loaded everytime.

Sorry I don't have time to make a video. I have to take a Law for Accountants final exam right now. About 4 hours long...

sword/dragon swipe then BB splatters to Bugless Beast and then loading bar loop.

If you want to try it out I uploaded it here. (UNZIP the file!!! I included my animation and the stock animation in the zip. DO NOT JUST RENAME IT. UNZIP it.)
Bugless Beast DO:A Boot v0.0.1
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If you do not know how to install the bootanimation.zip then DO NOT download this file. Or reasearch how yourself. I'm not going to explain how right now.
If you know what your doing I don't see anyway shape or form how this would jack up your ROM. The worst case is it won't load and you'll just see a black screen till it starts up.
I did all my tests installs copying and pasting in Root Explorer. Some did not work and it just showed nothing till OS booted.

Installed and working. No problems here. Sweet! Thanks! Looking forward to the beta and release versions!

P.S. Good luck on the exam.

Upvote 0
Also tried it out, still kinda choppy, but a lot better than the video, maybe you're missing some frames to smooth it out, or it's still a little fast. Thanks for sharing though!

Is there some app to turn video into seperate frames via PNG files? or even GIF which I could convert to PNG myself?

Yeah, it's still in the works, I need to add more frames but I just wanted to get it working first.

I'm sure there's a lot easier way than what I did, and I know there's programs that automate screen caps of a video but I don't have one.

I used Fraps to record the video then using VLC I went frame by frame and took screen caps. I think it does bmp and jpeg, I used jpeg.

I still cant figure out how to slow down the loading loop.

I think it's the second "p" but when I add a framerate to it the loop doesn't work. There's a post somewhere on the WWW that I came across that was working out all the stuff meant. But I can't seem to find it anymore. Google's letting me down.

Upvote 0
Update: I still have my Intermediate Accounting final exam to do on Saturday. I need to finally upgrade this computer to Win7 64bit, so I can throw the Win7 32bit on top my laptop. I just bought a new 1 TB hdd, so that too. And I'm about to go buy Dragon Age: Awakening right now. So.... updating is probably going to be slow. I'll try and get something out that's less choppy during my spring break next week. And one w/o "Bugless Beast" for those that don't run BB. Shame on you for not running BB, j/k.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones