My Bottom Buttons are Slightly Purple

Last Updated:

1. Tengoku

Tengoku New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought two (2) droids for my fiance and I and I noticed that my droid has slightly purple bottom buttons when they light up while my fiance's lights up white.

Is there an option to change the bottom light's color? or does my phone have a manufacturer defect?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Subscribed. You've got me curious now.

I downloaded an app called "Missed call", and that lets you change the led color of your status light on the top of the phone, but I noticed that when i selected "white", the LED was actually kind of pinkish. May be related? hm.

3. bronowyn

bronowyn Member

I was actually pretty excited to see my buttons were a slightly blush/lavender color. I havne't noticed them changing more white or less purple, though.

4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I smell another "bug/conspiracy" thread in the works. :D

I'd set mine to blue or green if there were an option. That would be awesome.

5. bronowyn

bronowyn Member

If it were a conspiracy, wouldn't we say that the government listening devices in the phone are causing the bottom buttons to glow purple?

;)

6. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

The three buttons on the left of mine are blueish purple and the search button on the right is white. If I look down on the screen at an angle, I can see what looks like four leds (probably just two) that appear to be back-illuminating the buttons. The one on the left is blue-purple, the one on the right is white.

7. Wolfdroid

Wolfdroid Active Member

Mine is kind of purple as well. Hope there is some way to change it to white.:(

8. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

You guys better see a doctor :p. To be serious there's nothing you can do unless you exchange it.

9. jbessie

jbessie New Member

@Tengoku I'm in the same boat as you. I bought two Droids, one for my wife and one for myself. On mine the left 3 bottom buttons are clearly less bright and kind of a shade of purple. My wife's isn't perfect, but it is much more consistent in color and brightness. It seems like such a petty issue, but it is very obvious and therefore a bit perplexing how this kind of thing slips through QC. I'm going to contact Moto tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Jason

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I thought it was just me. I know when I first started playing with it they were all white,. but now, my back, home and search buttons are purplish, with the home being a full blown purple (almost as if the LED has gone bad for that particular button). The menu is still white, AFAICT.

11. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

mine were white until now... all of em are purpleish-lavender except the the home - its more faint.

weird

12. Shawn^^

Shawn^^ Active Member

Im in the same boat. My back, home and search have turned to a slight purple, with only the menu button fully white. Pretty sure it wasn't like this a week ago. Curious to see if anyone gets an answer.

13. hingli168

hingli168 Active Member

Same Here... Maybe it's a bad batch or something.:confused:

14. Austin23

Austin23 New Member

My menu and home are purplish. Hmm. Is it pretty much personal preference as to whether or not taking it in?

15. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

At this point I am not even sure if it is worth taking in....All I am going to do is search the Moto DROID forums and see if it has already been reported...

if not, then time to report, with pictures....

16. darth_cholo

darth_cholo Active Member

Highjacking the thread. Any way to keep those light on longer. They turn off so fast.

17. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

All 4 of mine are slightly purple, I think it looks cool. I would have thought it was done on purpose had I not read this.

18. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Not sure how many VZW, Motorola, Google engineers are in here reading around but I know as an electrical engineer of products I often frequent forums for products I've designed... Anyway I think what would be a good benefit of this device is if they had one led per hard button (which they may have something similar now). However they could put these 4 button lights under software control. Then they could only turn on the light under each button when that button has a specific function. If you're in an app that doesn't have any functionality tied to the menu button then why illuminate it?

19. MGMT

MGMT New Member

Has anyone noticed there notification LED is not set correctly in place. I can tell mine is slightly off because it illuminates only half of the circle well and bleeds green light on the edge of the screen and a little bit in the light sensor.

20. hingli168

hingli168 Active Member

I also noticed that. I thought it was built like that.

21. darth_cholo

darth_cholo Active Member

The lights time it way to fast. I want to keep them on longer

22. Scottyent

Scottyent Well-Known Member

I just got my droid replaced, and now it has purple dedicated keys. I think it sucks because although it's kind of cool, and I would love it if it were blue or red...but purple? It looks extremely girly and although yes, it's a small thing, it's just annoying because the one I exchanged it with, had perfect white keys...but a terrible battery. Go figure

23. tebower

tebower Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat with the buttons. I replaced my phone yesterday and the new phone's keys are purple. To me, this is a manufacturer defect with the backlight. It is clear that the lights are not as bright as they should be, and it could be a defective LED. Who knows when it will burn out for real? I intend to call tomorrow to discuss the option of getting a different phone. I can't live for two years with a phone that has mismatched purple and white buttons. That's not what I paid for.

24. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

I figured it was the difference between the screen protectors on my dad and my phone. His are purple-ish, mine are white.

25. tebower

tebower Well-Known Member

Nope, my phone's Verizon screen protectors don't even cover those buttons. I guess they thought the protector would interfere with touch?