1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

My bottom taskbar is on the right side of my screen

1. sdrs619

sdrs619 New Member

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, sdrs619.

What a strange thing to have happen. :D I suspect the accelerometer, but it could be a few other things, such as your launcher.

I'd first go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter "all," then, after all apps are loaded on the list, find your launcher (ADW? TouchWiz? Launcher Pro?) and click it then clear all items allowed by buttons not greyed out, usually cache, data and defaults.

Do not hit "uninstall," though.

Next, reboot. You'll be prompted to select a default launcher either upon trying to return to the home screen after being in the application manager, or upon reboot (if you have more than one launcher installed).

Select your launcher, which you'll have to start over with in its configuration settings. Go over those setting very carefully. ;)
  3. TheAlp

TheAlp Member

never seen that happen before, maybe HTC used the same exact launcher as they used for the Desire Z since its normally not possible for the Desire HD to show anything in landscape view so some glitch must have caused it to think the screen is in landscape mode, maybe just disable fast boot and turn the phone off and on so it reloads the launcher, if not maybe the post above is the last choice.
  4. sdrs619

sdrs619 New Member

Thank you frisko. All i did was force close HTC sense and it fixed itself.
  5. Baron Rassilon

Baron Rassilon New Member

I am having the same problem with my HTC Inspire 4G. It did it once and I got it back, now its stuck. Thanks for the tip, though the Inspire is a bit different.