My browser changed its own behavior, what happened?

Last Updated:

1. checklist_34

checklist_34 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I have a Motorola Droid and have for a couple months. In that time I've used various yahoo sites (finance.yahoo.com, movies.yahoo.com, etc. In fact, finance.yahoo.com is my homepage) many times daily and they have always displayed normally. They look like they look when surfing Firefox or IE.

Tonight, randomly, the droid's default browser absolutely refuses to go to finance.yahoo.com and instead goes to m.yahoo.com/w/yfinance. Thats fine, except the latter link absolutely sucks and has no features.

Why would this randomly change itself? I have gone to finance.yahoo.com on 2 friends Motorola Droids and it has always displayed normally... until now.

I have dug through everything and rebooted the phone and cleared all the settings, and it has stubbornly refused to display the page normally.

I had bookmarked a page inside of Yahoo Finance (a portfolio page). This page displays normally when I click that bookmark, and from this page I can navigate normal looking yahoo finance pages. However, if I click from any page to the Yahoo Finance home page, it goes tot he mobile link above, which is completely useless.

Anybody have a theory? I downloaded the Dolphin browser, and this works fine, but I'm at a loss as to why my phone would change int he middle of the night.

Advertisement
  2. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

yahoo changed?

3. checklist_34

checklist_34 New Member This Topic's Starter

that makes sense... that would suck. on to a new finance site I guess.

thanks man

4. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

When I tap the mic for speech to text, there's nowa pop-up that displays tips and points on how to use this feature more efficiently. Had the phone 2 months, never started doing this till yesterday. Also noticed that Youtube now goes straight to the mobile version on it's own. Kinda like OTA silent nudges and tweaks, courtesy of ?