My cameraSupport

Last Updated:

1. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

I think I want to get a Xoom to replace my laptop. My laptop is 6 years old, it's big, bulky, and pretty slow. I usually only use it when I am not at home, I browse online and keep up on e-mail. I think the Xoom would be fine to replace it.

My one concern is my camera. I'm a bit of a shutter bug. Usually once I am done taking pictures for the day, I take out the SD card, put it into my laptop, pull the files off and sync with Dropbox. This ensures that I have good backups of all my pictures in case something goes wrong.

Would I be able to do this with the Xoom? I guess I'd have to buy one of those Micro SD cards with the adapter so it fits into my camera, and that's easy enough. If I have a Micro SD card dedicated for the Xoom, can I take that one out, put in the camera card, and transfer all the pictures off?

What's the best solution in this example?

2. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

As soon as the SD card slot is activated- yes. I do this in my droid2, but only to a limited extent since it means pulling the battery out to get the card in. Much more accessible on the Xoom, and I think you'd have no problem doing that, I plan on doing it was well. I already have microSD cards that I use in my camera anyway, but if you look around you can get good deals.
  3. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Get one of these:

Camera Connection Kit for MOTOROLA XOOM - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Western Europe
  4. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I think microSD would be easier, really. But since we don't know how long til we have it, I might hafta grab one of those.
  5. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

I use google Picasa and it syncs all my pictures on my laptop, desktop, android phone, and my xoom I paid $5 for 20 gig of space on Google's server and I have over 5,000 pictures. Very awesome program!