My capacitive touch screen is working through my pocket.

Last Updated:

1. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My EVO has been answering phone calls in my pocket. I've even "butt dialed" a couple of people when I forgot to turn of the screen before sticking it in the pocket.

If I forget to turn off the screen, that's my fault, but the screen turns itself on when the phone rings.

How the heck is a capacitive screen working through fabric, anyway?

Advertisement
  2. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

I could swear the same thing happened to me yesterday. Maybe I just forgot to turn the screen off (though I doubt it) but I dialed someone in my pocket. I guess if the fabric is thin enough against my leg... I was also sweating (90 degrees at 9am here in NJ) so maybe that could conduct inputs through the fabric??

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

mine did this once the other day, but besides that i have never had the problem.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I put mine in my pocket screen-up (screen facing away from my leg) when I'm at work. Never have a problem. It gets to about ~100 at hottest through the day, if that matters.

5. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member

had the same problem here! i bought a leather htc pouch off ebay and problem solved!

6. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Even when the phone turns on from a call, itsn't it still locked?

7. aliveon2legs

Yes, but you don't have to unlock and then answer. Just the act of sliding down the lock bar answers the phone. Apparently the motion of walking is enough to cause that slide gesture, because I unknowingly answered a couple of calls the other day while walking through the grocery store.

It's been years since I've had one of those calls... 'Hey, I think your phone just answered in your pocket. I called and it rang and then I just heard a bunch of noise i the background.'

I got one the other day. I checked and I had missed a couple of calls that were shown as answered.

8. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

I'd suggest wearing some underwear and rocking some Goldbond.
    You guys have sweaty asses

9. aliveon2legs

:D

I wear boxers and I'm pretty sure I wasn't sweating while walking through Kroger.

I just did a finger-in-the-shirt test to see if my EVO would work through it. It did. In fact, I actually got it to work fine through 3 layers of shirt by folding the fabric over. I assure you my finger is not sweaty.