• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My car speedo broken, need an app

First of all i wanna introcudu myself and say hi
Im Doğan from Turkey

my car speedometer, odometer has broken
i want to buy a cheap android phone and use it full time as my dash

im searching for an app using for this
it will show my speed, resetable trip, and NOT resetable odometer.

odometer is really important for me if app crashes or phone quit i dont want resetted odo and if possible i want enter my odometer and it will count over it

yes i know i want so much thing :)

im using windows phone 8, i searched over market but couldnt find anything good.
android market is better and im sure i will find one of my want and buy secondary phone.

thanks all for your helps.

I have a speedometer but no cruise control to keep me in line, so I use Speed Limiter to keep me legal. There's plenty of similars I haven't tried as well.

Thing to watch out for with that Speed Limiter one, is that you have to set the limit manually for the road you're driving on. So like if you go from a 60 speed limit to a 40 zone, it's not going to warn you. Many satnav apps do have speed limit warnings in them and should automatic for the road you're driving on, they'll often warn you where the cameras are as well.

But IMO still always best to use your own eyes and judgment of how fast you're supposed to be driving. And any app is there as a backup, just in case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones