1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

My clock will not work..Support

1. jrc240sx

jrc240sx New Member

I just picked up an HTC rezound this past weekend. (Craigslist).. It seemed to work fine and looked in perfect shape..No scratches or water damage. Everything works great on the phone except the clock. It will not move when the phone is at idle or locked. Restarting the phone or going off airplane mode will make it sync but once I put the phone down it rest the clock never moves. It has the lastest software and I don't have any apps added on it other then FB and Gmail. I did a factory reset and that didn't resolve the issue. I went into verizon and they where acually very helpfull and willing to mess with the phone but told me that since it was activated on my account from another account that verizon wouldn't warrenty the phone. He recommend rooting the phone. My thinking is there is an internal clock issue on the phone and I don't feel any software will fix it. Anything I can try before I root it?

Advertisement
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

I don't know about rooting it, not sure how that would help, but perhaps re-installing the current RUU might help.
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello jrc240sx. Welcome to Android Forums. You might try opening your clock widget and then hit the menu soft key. Choose Local Time Settings and make certain you have Automatic date & time ticked.

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining these forums. I hope you will gain from your time invested here.
  4. jrc240sx

jrc240sx New Member

Thanks for the replies. That setting with the network clock is on and it will sync but the time up but between those sync events the clock freezes.
  5. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

I still suggest flashing the latest RUU or the Global Mode leak RUU, both are available on Android Police. If this doesn't fix the issue, perhaps rooting and running something to keep the clock in the sync might work, but if reflashing doesn't work anything beyond that is a kludge to get around broken hardware.
  6. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I used the Sense clock widget but I seem to recall that it does not flip until you unlock the phone... then it flips to the correct time. Are you seeing something like that?
  7. jrc240sx

jrc240sx New Member

No the time that is wrong is the time in the upper right hand corner and the time shown on the unlock screen.
    I will try a flashing the phone and see what happens