My Contact Card & caller IDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Bookendart

Bookendart Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i'm new to Droid, having formerly been a BB user. Love the Incredible, but a little issue with the caller ID for calls from my house landline is bugging me.

I have a contact for myself with all of my info, like a business card. It has my home number and a picture of me. I also have a contact for "Home" with just my house landline number and a picture of my kids. With my BB, when I was away from home and got a call from my house, a picture of my kids would show up in the caller ID, but with the Incredible, when I get a call from my house MY picture shows up. I really don't need to see my own picture when the kids call me from home :) Does anyone know how I might force the "HOME" contact to show up as the caller ID instead of my contact?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Try renamging Home to like aHome or .Home so that it comes before your contact card in your contact list.. It worked in Windows Mobile for me at least in the past

3. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

Or just change pictures of your home contact

4. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

??? Did you actually read the post?

Anyway, I think the alphabetical order suggestion above is a good thing to try. I would also check what your primary contact is set to. If it's set to your home number, try changing it to your cell phone or something and see if that makes a difference.

5. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

I used the alphabet "trick" with my bb to get my groups at the top.

symbols and numbers also work to move entries in "front" of the alpha list (not sure if spaces do on the Inc.)

6. Bookendart

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I already had Home labeled as .Home, because that was my trick to get the BB to work. I tried making the .home contact the primary number and changed my named contact's primary number to my mobile but that didn't do it. I also tried making the .home a "phone" contact vs a google contact but no joy.

I don't get why the Incredible is not taking the first occurance of a phone number in the alphabetical list for the caller id, as both Windows Mobile and blackberry do...

As a work around, I've linked .home to my named contact card and set the picture to be .home. My named card has disappeared from my people list but it's still there as a google contact and I suppose if I want to send my card to someone I can unlink it temporarily.

thanks again

7. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Another suggestion. How about temporarily deleting your home phone from your contact info, so the Home entry is the only one.

Test call to make sure it actually shows as Home. Then, add it back in as a secondary number for you.

Maybe it just sticks with whatever the "first" contact to have that number is.

Bookendart likes this.
  8. Bookendart

Woohooo!! that worked.

9. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Nice to know that works.

Won't have to worry about messing anything up adding "ICE" contacts either.