• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My contact card issues

Barni007 made a suggestion for a solution on this issue in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...00-me-contact-card-cant-edit.html#post2276009 All credit for the below listed solution go to him! Thanks again Barni007 :)

I repeat what he said, only giving a step-by-step:
- First, go to your Settings>Accounts&sync>Google>disable sync for contacts (do not delete the account, simply untick sync contacts). Do the same for sync accounts with Facebook, Twitter and the like, if they sync to your contacts.
- go to the People app>click Menu>Delete>Menu>Select all and DELETE all your contacts!! (Make a backup to your SD card. I didn't because I only use my Gmail contacts and wanted to sync fresh from the web.)
- go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>All>People> click "Force stop" and "Clear data"
- switch phone off and back on (no reset, just a reboot!)
- go again to Settings>Accounts&sync> and reenable all contact sync accounts that you unticked before
- go to your contacts, hit Menu>View>and select which contacts to display
- check if you can now edit/open your "My contact card". Wait for the sync to finish.

Please note: this solved my problem of not being able to edit/displaying the My contact card but only showing the loading screen. After the above procedure it automatically found my Facebook account and synced my name, my Facebook picture and my birthday.
It DOES NOT sync with your Google Profile data! It also does not sync with a Google Contact with your name. You have to enter email and phone numbers manually. There is nothing broken - Android OS currently does not support that function. :thinking:

The possibility to sync your "My contact card" with your Google Profile data is a request for a new feature and you can support it here:
Issue 3898 - android - Synchronize My contact card and Google profile. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
The above didn't work for me but this did...

I found this in another post and if one doesn't work try the other... :)
-----------------

Be careful, it deletes all your contacts. So be sure to backup your contacts before.

You have to go to Settings->Application->Managed Application->"All" tab->Contacts Storage
And then click Clear Data.
After that you can sync your contacts again from your backup.

Reactions: jazzcica
Upvote 0
The above didn't work for me but this did...

I found this in another post and if one doesn't work try the other... :)
-----------------

Be careful, it deletes all your contacts. So be sure to backup your contacts before.

You have to go to Settings->Application->Managed Application->"All" tab->Contacts Storage
And then click Clear Data.
After that you can sync your contacts again from your backup.

Thanks for this - had the problem that contacts would not sync because the my contact card was causing issues but this solution worked:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones