My contacts from Nokia?

Last Updated:

1. charlobe

charlobe New Member This Topic's Starter

I have just seen the light, and got myself a HTC Hero. All my old contacts are in the memorycard (NOT simcard) from my Nokia, and I would like to import them to my HTC if possible...Any ideas on how this is done?

I have tried copying them over to my HTC-mamory card, but i cant access the files....

Advertisement
  2. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Hello charlobe,

Without knowing which Nokia phone you had, it's hard to say.

I had the Symbian based E71. There's a menu in Symbian's contacts app where you can copy contacts back and forth between the mem card and sim card. I made sure they were all on the sim before putting it into my Hero. When I did, they all showed up fine in the Android contacts app.

Welcome to the forum :)

Cheers,
    Jim

3. NeilB

NeilB Active Member

I synced my old Nokia with a PC, then synced that with Google Contacts and then just added that account to my Hero. From memory, I think that copying contacts via the SIM loses some details if you have more than just the phone number / name stored?

jim_h likes this.
  4. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Sorry, NeilB is correct. I'd forgotten about that part! All the contacts copied over to the sim on the Nokia phone and then opened in Android lose all detail other than name and phone number. I had lots of addresses in my contacts, all of which disappeared.

5. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

Set up Google Sync on your Nokia phone then they'll all be synced with your Google account and will automatically sync with your hero.

Just search for Google sync.