My contacts went awaySupport

Last Updated:

1. Drybananna

Drybananna New Member This Topic's Starter

Im not really sure what happened, but after my sister did a few things to my phone (made me a gmail acc, and got me some widgets..) all of my contacts went away. :confused: When I go to favourites and call-log , etc. they're there, but otherwise they aren't..

I want my contacts back. :( Thank you in advance, so much appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Well usually your contacts are synced with your gmail account. Not sure what else you can do it they aren't synced there.

3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Well you said that your sister make a gmail account? I guess she switched accounts and it synced hers instead of yours, go to account options and see if your account is logged in.

4. Drybananna

Drybananna New Member This Topic's Starter

No, no, no. I never had a gmail account before. So I registered and got one. Thus, I don't have any gmail contacts.. and ever since I made one for my phone, all my contacts went away. I dunno what to do!

5. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Similar event happened to my girl when she flashed Velocity, it didn't restore her contact list, I had to perform a nandroid backup restore the old nandroid and export contacts to sd card (its one of the menu options from the contacts menu) then restore again and import.

Was kinda a pain but she had over a hundred contacts, alternativly if you have the stock rom still you should have backupassistant, I have never used it but I think it may be automatic for contacts.

6. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Sounds like the same thing that happened to my gf at one point. She changed her gmail password and her contacts disappeared. Except if she looked at like call logs and stuff, the names were there for those things, so they were def in there somewhere.

As her phone was very new at the time, it wasnt horrible to do factory wipe, then have vzw guy transfer her numbers from her old phone again, and then we immediately exported the contacts to her sd card (and made backup to comp). This way if it happens again, we plan on at least trying the import from sd card feature.

Consensus seems to be, sorry, but you might have to do some work to restore them. If you don't have any way of getting them and they are very important, you might find some app like titanium or something that could possibly export them.