my desire and imac!

Last Updated:

1. tymbian

tymbian Active Member This Topic's Starter

The HTC sync software pre-installed on the SD card don't seem to be compatible with my imac. What's going on? Does this mean no updates etc.

Advertisement
  2. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

HTCSync is not compatible with Mac's. I am running Missing Sync 1.2 and it works great to sync with iPhoto and iTunes etc. What updates are you referring to? Updates to HTC Desire are sent OTA.

3. tymbian

I don't have a data package with my provider due to cost, just calls and texts.

4. jadam

jadam New Member

Calls and texts only? Then why in the world would you bother getting a phone like the Desire!?! You'll only be using <5% of its capabilities...

5. Eugene's Mac

There are quite a few free wifi hotspots in coffee shops around lately. Have a look for one close to you and pop in there every now and then to update. would suggest you look at a data bundle though. A 500mb should do you quite sufficiently and as jadam mentioned, this phone has wondrous capabilities with data availability. It can only make your experience better for a few quid a month. But still, if a free Wifi spot is close to you, then just use that. I have a 500mb data bundle, but still pop into a nearby coffee shop with free wifi for a Mega Cappuccino and some free browsing

6. tymbian

I don't need data on the go! I have wifi at home and like you say there are plenty of hotspots around. If, for instance, I do need to use the Sat-Nav I'll get billed a grand sum of

7. Eugene's Mac

Settings/about phone/system software updates. Have not found any good "free" turn-by-turn software yet, but apps are popping up faster than anything.