My Desire Arrived!

Last Updated:

1. rhodzy

rhodzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was panicking a little yesterday as I thought I would miss the delivery of my new Desire. This was not the case at 5:30pm it arrived and it truly is an amazing phone.

It took me around 4 hours to totally kill the battery from new (when you get the battery it only has a little charge in it) so this I was really pleased about, this was with WiFi on constantly and using it none stop on twitter, flickr, taking photos, android market, internet browsing and basically just finding my ways around the menus as ive been out of the game for a while.

I really think that the worries I was having about not liking it and reverting back to my iPhone are blown out of the window, this device really has blown me away and the integrated twitter app Peep is also very good, although I am now using tweetcasterPRO.

It had a full charge last night so I am going to hammer the phone today to see how quickly I can get the battery to go flat so I have a rough idea if one charge will last me through the day! :)

So far so good. So glad I decided to take a jump off the apple bandwagon and come back to android.

Update to follow.

Advertisement
  2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Posts like this make me happy and jealous in equal measures.

3. youngie

youngie New Member

i know where your coming from - i got up early this morning put my shiny new desire on charge and listed my 3gs on ebay - bye 4 now to apple - lets see what they come up with in june but 2 b honest im in love/lust with android at the moment ;-) + its ages since ive had a free phone that actually does stuff n i dont feel locked down.

4. mallymclane

mallymclane New Member

Just a simple reply so I can follow this :)

My sim free desire *should* be delivered on Thursday !

5. rhodzy

Yep I know what you mean @youngie - I'm not going to list mine on eBay just yet, going to keep hold on it just in case the worst comes to the worst! Plus I may just use the iPhone as an iPod touch as I have all the docks at home etc so may as well get some use out of it :) Not costing me anything to keep it either!

So far so good, battery not changed one bit, can't believe how much the phones have come on since the G1 days.

6. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

The Desire is pretty amazing.

It beats the hell of out the iPhone.

7. rhodzy

Did I mention that I love the desire ;-)