• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Desire hd is freez ...anybody help me please

dear members,
i am here for the first time...i am using a desire hd which had a very good performance. one fine day i got 25 updates for the applications that i had installed.i started updation of applications and at the end i realized that my cell phone is completely freeze. i did factory reset but had the same result. then i removed all applications and checked my phone again it was the same. one of my friend told me to downgrade android version. details of my cell phone are as follows:

Android Version:

HTC Sense version:

Software Number:
Pyramid3D 1.1

Mod Version:
Force Stop

Kernel Version:
2.6.35.14-lordmodNCTeam-2.2-CFS-Ga1e6e11
Lord@lord-mint))
#25 PREEMPT sun sep 18 14:27:47 CEST 2011

Baseband Version:
12.56.60.25u_26.10.04.03_M

Build number:
1.45.4.1.2 CL125597 release-keys

Browser Version:
webkit/533.1

these are the details of HTC Desire HD that i am using now a days. since last one week i get a message at my screen saying "HTC Sense has stopped working" and two options appear which are:
1. force closed
2. wait
if i select force closed, phone restarts and again hangs and if i select wait same message appears...i hardly see home screen ...this is such a ****ing problem that i can't explain. if i have to call someone i need to wait for atleast three to four minutes....and now i am getting cranky just because of this problem.. so guys please help me....

As tyer79durdan says, looking at your software number and "mod version", you appear to be rooted already, but before actually getting in to it, I want to make double sure that you are actually rooted...

Do you have ClockWorkMod (the custom recovery)? Do you have ROM Manager on your phone? Do you have the Super User app?

Before you do flash a new ROM, you would need to back everything up... I use Titanium Backup (I bought the app... but you can use the free version) to back my data up. Your contacts can be sync'd with gmail and you can backup texts/call logs/etc. with apps from the market.

If you do have ClockWorkMod, then you need to download a ROM and put the zip file (still zipped) on the root of your SD card (as in, not in any folders). Reboot in to recovery (turn off, power back on whilst holding the volume down key). Backup your current ROM (use the volume keys to navigate the list to backup and restore and the power button to select, then make the backup). Next you need to wipe (both factory reset and cache (this step is not always necessary if you are flashing an update to your current ROM, but MUST be done when changing from one ROM to another). Finally, you would then "apply zip from sd card" and the choose the correct zip from the SD card.

There is more info on all of this in the following post http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/489044-desire-hd-all-things-root-guide.html

I am in work at the moment, but if you need any help with this, I will try... I will be able to give you any help once I'm home though!!

p.s. I have moved this thread to the All Things Root section, as this is a root issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks D-U-R-X.....well i had titanium backup ROM manager and superuser all three apps on my device. the problem started with superuser....the moment i updated superuser there was an eratic behavior and then it got freeze......then i removed all apps except superuser.....in the end i used root uninstaller to remove superuser app...:( the moment i removed the application superuser i came to know now i am completely ****ed...and i already has made a back up using HTC sync and now i think Factory default ROM provided by HTC will suffice....what do you say? because after this experiment i have realized i need to learn all rooting stuff from basics...anyways thanks for your concerns and your timely response...

take care and wish you best of luck
bundle of thanks and regards

Upvote 0
Right... to unroot, you would need to run an RUU (this is just an exe file that will flash stock firmware on to your phone).

I am not sure if there is a carrier branded one for you carrier, but you should be able to use an unbranded (stock HTC) one.

How did you root your phone? I just want to be sure that I can give you the right info to unroot!!

Upvote 0
well after viewing the solution provided by you in above post, let me tell you i was using this phone in australia and the carrier was 3 so it is established now that this device is branded and one of my friend did the rooting of this phone as i contacted him today ...but he was not sure which ROM he actually installed ...he was saying it was "maybe" pyramid but again he was not sure....so sorry....but my phone is branded and i actually unlocked it here in Pakistan for using it with telenor pakistan carrier......

Upvote 0
Thanks dear...you are really a hope for me now......well i have a little request if you don't mind...please please please whatever you suggest or recommend, make it free from superuse, ROM manager, clockworkmod and titanium backup etc...i don't know but these apps are really freaking me out..:(...so i hope you will take care of my emotions also...;)....wish you best of luck

Upvote 0
Right... sorry it's taken a little longer than I said to get back to you on this... was late leaving work and have been trying to get this all written up for you.

What I am suggesting is running an RUU... it would be the most up to date unbranded stock HTC ROM, with Sense 3.0 - I think that this should work, as you have unlocked your phone, so you should be able to install non-branded firmware on your phone.

I have never run one of these before (not needed to) but, from what I've read, it is relatively straight forward. Just a case of connecting your phone to the computer and running the RUU.exe from the computer. It would put the recovery image and ROM back to stock.

Here is a link to the RUU you would need (you want the one that is 4th from the bottom of the list - called RUU Ace Sense30 S HTC WWE 3.12.405.1 R Radio 12.65.60.29).

Here are a couple of links with some useful info on running RUU's:Installing RUU's
Troubleshooting & Error Recovery

As I have said before though... never having done this myself, I'm unsure as to potential errors or what the actual process is.

I hope this helps - Please note that the usual warnings/disclaimers apply (click show)
Quick note / disclaimer: as always, you are ultimately responsible for any root-related activities on your phone.

You should understand not only the benefits of rooting, but also any possible consequences (voided warranty, boot-loops, bricking, etc.) that might occur as a result of your root-related actions.

AndroidForums.com / Phandroid.com, its owner, and staff are not liable for any root actions you might undertake as a result of information used from this site.

Reading, researching, understanding, and carefully following the published steps and instructions can go a long way towards helping to make your rooting efforts a successful one.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Reactions: ahmed_hashmi
Upvote 0
Thanks dear DURX....this link is working for me and hopefully tonight i will recover my cell.......so now i am downloading and started feeling happy...thanks a lot...i will inform you about the results very soon.....

Hope it works for you... as I have said, I have not actually used an RUU before... only tried to give you a possible answer! :)

Upvote 0
Well DURX thank you vey much ...i just finished and i am happy to see that my cell has been now on factory settings with android version 2.0...well i owe you a dinner really...so being my teacher and guide on this android forum i really invite you for a dinner in karachi , Pakistan....thanks a lot...take care and i wish you a very happy life and stay blessed...:)

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Hi DURX.....how you doing? i just finished installation of different apps on DHD.....once again thank you..;)...you asked for details of my cell ...these are as follows

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.15_M3

Kernel Version:
2.6.32.21-gbe90714
htc-kernel@and18-2#1
Fri Oct 22 05:17:15 CST 2010

Build Number:
1.32.405.3 CL275498 release-keys

Software number:

Browser Version:
webkit 3.1

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info... I thought that the RUU that I had gievn you was the most up to date version - Android 2.3.X and Sense 3.0... at least you have a stock, non-branded version of firmware on your phone at least I know now!

one thing i want to know if after sometime i want to upgrade it should i use another RUU or some other customized ROM?

If you want to upgrade, should not need to use another RUU... you should be able to get OTA updates now, as you are completely non-rooted.

If you want to put custom ROM's on your phone then, as per one of my posts earlier in this thread, there is a All Things Root Guide Sticky that details how to root (there is a one click tool that will be able to take care of everything for you. I am rooted and can help you if you do decide to do it.

Don't worry about ROM Manager/ClockWorkMod/Titanium Backup... I can help you get to understand all of them if you do want to root (I know you said you didn't want them on your phone, as you had so much trouble, but we are here to help with that sort of thing)! :)

Reactions: ahmed_hashmi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones