• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Desire z has outsmarted me

Maybe you can help me I think my rooted smart phone has out smarted me and has a mind of its own :(
I bought this phone I was so excited and it worked great until a few nights ago...it all of a sudden would turn on and off..I googled this problem and set it back to factory settings..now some times it will get stuck in the htc white screen if it's lucky and makes it past that then you have about 10 seconds then it will freeze again.
I replaced the sim card factory reset it
Now do I unroot it?
Anyone know if there is a rooting for dummies book...I for the life of me can't figure this out ...it's totally different than apples jail breaking that's for sure...I only wanted a rooted phone for the spb shell app as I couldn't figure out how to put it on a none rooted phone.
It's unlocked ..my carrier is telus if this helps
Thanks for reading

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones