• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My device won't let me download any apps

lnzdkrsn

Lurker
May 2, 2015
My Note 4 now no longer lets me download anything from the play store. I am not connected to wi-fi, but it never usually was a problem.

I was looking for a tethering app and wasn't having luck installing any of them. I even tried downloading something else, and I just get the screen that shows its installing, but it never does. I have all my bars, so I know I am in a service area. I am running my Note 4 on Lollipop from AT&T with Nova Launcher. Has anyone else experienced this? I have tried closing all programs, restarting the phone, and clearing the cache. Is this something I would call AT&T for? What else should I try? I have honestly never had any problems with my phone until now so I'm a little confused.

I appreciate any help.

(Oh and I was trying to use Hotspot Control, but it never let me enable the tethering. It works great for my husband, he has the same phone on same carrier, but not for me. Any insight into this also is appreciated.)

EDIT: I figured out the problem. My Play store was updating a lot of apps in the background, so it looked like it wasn't downloading anything new. It was just waiting to update the apps before a new app would install. I'm just going to leave the question up in case anyone else has this problem. But if you have a solution to my tethering program I appreciate the help on that too!

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Chief

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones