My Droid 2 Stricken with BugsSupport

Last Updated:

1. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had the HTC Incredible. I've decided I'm going to start playing chess with phones and I had to do it smart. My brother wanted the Incredible. My Mom likes keyboards. I HAD the Incredible and decided to trade with my brother. He bought the Droid 2 and I took it the same day he bought it (my DInc was only 3 weeks old so it's not like he got an OLD phone) and he took my Incredible. My plan...come May (When my Mom is up for renewal)...is to trade for her upgrade, and get the HTC Merge. I originally wanted an EVO but HATE Sprint. If it's true and VZW is getting their own version of the EVO than that's my plan of attack.

So...I've got to sit with an Droid 2 for 8 months. That's a long time. I've only had it about a month and right away I notice it's waaaaaay slower than the DInc. Flipping from home screen to home screen is laggy, pressing the app button it takes a while for the app screen to load, when adding a shortcut to an app from a home screen is like pulling teeth, opening certain apps takes a while, and a lot of the time that I've noticed lately, the phone will arbitrarily restart on its own, and when i push a button on the top of the screen it opens an app at the bottom of the screen.

Now before I go and try to swap it for another one, does ANYONE else notice these same issues? I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging it and getting another one that will do the same damn thing.

I just want a phone that will do the things I want it to do, not drain the battery by noon, and that I don't have to keep exchanging!

With HTC I noticed no issues and my brother has had no issues either. Is this just a Motorola issue overall?

Thanks!

-brilor04

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

You sound like you have a messed up droid 2.

Try a factory reset and see if it behaves normally.

You could also try Launcher Pro - I don't use the stock launcher, Launcher Pro is the best out there...

3. Joe_Evaristo

Joe_Evaristo Well-Known Member

What apps and widgets have you downloaded from the market? Sluggishness and battery drain can be caused by poorly coded apps. Using task killers can also cause both problems.

In regards to the battery, check how often you sync e-mail and apps. The included Social Networking widget for Facebook, etc, syncs too often and has been linked to battery drain.

You can try shutting the phone off and turning it back on--not sure if it'll do much, but it's worth a shot.

And I'd add that I think your brother is a sucker. You got the better device by far--the DInc has a few serious known issues, whereas the D2 is pretty solid. Personally, I'll never buy another HTC product because they try to stonewall their customers from getting tech support, and when they don't, they're just plain inept at it. Motorola, on the other hand, even provides support on their official community forum, which is worth browsing for issues you may have: https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid2?view=discussions

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Better device is up to the users opinion.
    I have the D2 and switching screens is very fluid, I have no lag at all. Opening apps is also not a problem for me. I didn't have any issues with the stock launcher but I switched to launcher pro just because the home screens turns to landscape.

5. B2DaRad

B2DaRad New Member

I bought a DInc and it has been the best phone expirence I've ever had. I tried to get my girlfriend to buy one but she needed/wanted a physical keyboard. She got the D2 and has the same problems! very laggy, random reboots, phone will lock up, and just this morning she was typing an email and every time she hit the 'G' on the slide out keyboard it would open Gmail and 'L' would open her calender. The phone is so bad I wouldn't recommend a motorola phone to anyone.

6. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

The reason why every time she hits g it opens gmail and l it opens the calendar could be due to her also hitting the search button at the same time.
    Those are shortcuts.
    Search +g opens gmail, search +l opens the calendar.

7. Cheepjeep85

Cheepjeep85 Active Member

i got a d2 certified pre-owned and it works great, it gets a little laggy if i don't reset it every once in a while (ever other day), but i haven't ever owned a phone that didn't need it.