my droid always answers in bluetooth modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Once I pair my droid with my headset, all calls coming in/out are assuming I am wearing my headset, even if I am NOT close to my headset.

I am in my office, my headset is in my car about 500' away, but if I get a call, the screen is the blue tint and unless I uncheck the bluetooth option at the bottom of the screen.

This is on a replacement droid, I have done a few battery pulls, didnt fix it. I don't know how to fix this.

Advertisement
  2. y2thrasher

y2thrasher Active Member

Odd. I assume your bluetooth headset was turned off when this happened? I always shut off my headset when I leave the car and never have a problem. Are you leaving the headset on in the car and walking away? I never tried this to see what happens.

I have the opposite problem, sometimes I have the bluetooth connected and when I make or receive a call, it doesn't cleanly transfer to bluetooth and I have to press the button on the call screen to transfer it.

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

If you are leaving your headset turned on and are close enough to be in range of it, then every call will automatically go to your headset. If you are turning off your headset or are out of range, then there may be a deeper issue with your phone.

I am going to assume that you are not rooted, but then again, we all know what happens when you ass-u-me. So, maybe I'll just ask instead. Are you rooted?

Kratos

4. boatman

Not rooted, and 500' from car (BTW, I don't shut the BT headset off, so when I get back in car, I am automatically connected). I am wondering if someone in a nearby cubicle has a bluetooth headset turned on that it is connecting to? I will check under BT settings, but I had thought you have to explicitly pair phone and headset, and it would not automatically do it.

5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

You must pair each headset to the phone.

I'm not sure if there are headsets that can reach that far or not. I would assume that there probably are.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be an issue with your Android install. Maybe try calling Verizon or taking your phone to a store to see what they say about it.

Kratos

6. boatman

OK. Looked at phone. Said was paired with Pro Plantronics headset. Checked around, next office over from me , person has this headset. I un connected, rebooted phone, but says connected again? I have discoverable turned off. How do I prevent this from automatically connecting.

7. MiBFTo

MiBFTo Member

If you don't want to have to turn the bluetooth on your phone on and off, consider a program that will do it for you. Timeriffic will control bluetooth for you (in the free version), so those times when you're definitely in the car you can have it come on, and when you're definitely not in the car, it'll turn off.