• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Droid has been running very slow lately

In the last couple weeks I was going app wild, downloading a couple apps every few days. A few days ago, I notice a lot of F/C and random reboots happening. I backed up my apps and data and did a hard reset. Reinstalled the majority of apps and data and now a couple nights ago I got the OTA update. My Incredible is purring like a kitten and no more random reboots, lag, sluggish responses, and F/C. Just like I have a new phone again.

Upvote 0
Yeah like snapper said. We don't know what you're using...

I can blindly suggest one thing though. Do a factory reset, and battery pull.

1. Back up you're important content.
2. Perform a factory reset.
3. Pull the battery
4. Start over

I was having problems with my evo. Not with being slow but destroying batteries in no time. This my battery problem went away, and the phone was even faster than when I bought it with 2.1 installed.

Upvote 0
It could be a corrupted memory card.

If you have a spare micro sd card around, put that in your phone to see if the problem goes away. If you don't have a spare card, just take your card out and see if the problem goes away. I had a problem with my memory card that caused battery and heat issues, with the addition of severe lagging, freezing, and unresponsive screens and softkeys and power button. All the problems went away when another card was put in the phone. I ended up reformatting my original 16gb card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones