My Droid hates me. Or my SD card. Who knows.

Last Updated:

1. NickClyde

NickClyde Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, so basically, my Droid hates me. I've searched all over, tried a ton of things, nothing will work.

Basically, whenever I go into any recovery, it can't mount the SD card. Clockwork usually crashes after 10 seconds, and SPRecovery doesn't crash, but it won't mount the card either. I tried a bunch of different versions, I tried flashing back and forth and rebooting constantly, I tried removing the battery and SD card for a few minutes, but none of it worked.

The weirdest part of it all that about 1 in every 20 times I boot into recovery, it actually DOES mount the card and I can actually do something. Please help!!!

EDIT: Just realized this oughta be in the Support sub-forum. Sorry. :(

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Have you got a spare MicroSD that you can test in there? You just want ot test to see if it is mounting the card properly....

Also, you might get a can of compressed air and blow out the little slot it goes into in case there is some debris in there.

If neither of these can help pinpoint the problem, then you may in fact have a bad phone and want to replace it.

NickClyde likes this.
  3. NickClyde

NickClyde Member This Topic's Starter

I managed to do a recovery using Clockwork after using the compressed air to blow out the slot. Now I'm going to try to flash Sapphire. Let's hope it works. Thanks for the tip! :D

EDIT: It worked! Thank you soooooo much! I would have never thought of that on my own.