My Droid Hates MeSupport

Last Updated:

1. StormKatt

StormKatt New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 9, 2010
    Just got the Droid 2 on Sunday. So far, this thing has driven me to near tears at least twice a day. It does not register my touch. Yes, I am using my finger and not my nails (but then again, I can't get auto faucets or ATMs to recognize me, either.) When it does respond, it does weird things that I don't want it to do. It sticks things on the home screen that I did not put there. It removes things I want there. It spins and spins and spins and never brings up the menu I selected, including my contacts list. When I took it back to the Verizon dealer, it acted juuuust fine. They think I'm a kook.

I can't find information on it that actually helps. The most recent example was an exhaustive search on how to load songs into ringdroid, finally found a "tutorial" with the following: First, load songs onto your Droid (and a long winded explanation) - that's IT. No second, no third, no description on HOW to get the bloody songs into the program - nothing else other than a bunch of kudos for what a great app it is. It just randomly picks a song, and I guess I'm stuck with it? I haven't found anything here, either. Am I search impaired?

My BF has the Incredible and LOVES it. I'm about ready to trade down for a Blackberry. Thoughts?

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :D

Not registering your touch? Hmmm.. I've handled the D2 at the store and it seemed fine. If you are new to android, you may need to have a breaking in period to get used to it. Big learning curve.

I'm going to move this to the D2 section. Feel free to start a conversation there too. The folks with hands on experience will be able to more easily help you.
  3. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Ringdroid automatically loads all songs into its program. Open ringdroid then select the song you want to make a ring tone from and pick what part of the song you want (by moving the left and right sliders). Once you get the section of the song marked, save it. Once you save it, it will show up on your phones ring tone list.
  4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Try a factory reset (Settings>Personal) - that will wipe all your data/settings (but you likely have very little in place so far anyway) and put the phone back in factory-fresh settings.

Set the phone up again (activate) but don't sign-in w/your google account yet, skip that.

Then try the phone - if it still doesn't behave right, take it back to the store and try one of the demo D2s...if you can use the demo D2 fine, then get them to give you a replacement (new) D2.

If you can't make the demo D2s work either (or other touchscreens like the DX or Incredible), maybe you have some sort of unusual skin conductivity issue that may may touch-screens troublesome to use...