My Droid is not downloading from the Market.

Last Updated:

1. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just trying to download some updates. I have never had this issue before. Anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. bluenik25

All apps are stuck on the Downloading status bar with no progress. I have tried rebooting multiple times. Different data connections on different networks. Only downloading one update at a time. nothing is working. No recent changes to the device running stock 2.0.1

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

This happened to me just yesterday. And once before, several weeks ago. Just hang tight. It'll fix itself. (Just what you wanted to hear, right?) :rolleyes:

4. bluenik25

I'll take it. You just changed my mind from a hard reset. Of coarse if a hard reset didn't fix it I would be stuck with no apps.

5. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

power off, power on, problem solved.

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Are you connected via WiFi? My Droid never downloads anything from the market when I am connected to it. I have to be on 3G.

7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Umm ... no. You don't think I tried that 2 or 3 times yesterday? A reboot doesn't fix everything. (Just most.)

I tried toggling back and forth several times yesterday. Didn't matter. But I can usually get updates and/or downloads no matter what data pipe I'm using, 3G or WiFi. In fact, my DROID just update via WiFi 5 minutes ago (new version of Root Explorer).

8. bluenik25

power off, power on, problem solved.

Tried that multiple times to no change.

Are you connected via WiFi? My Droid never downloads anything from the market when I am connected to it. I have to be on 3G.

I have connected to 3G, my home wifi, my work wifi, my parents wifi....No Change.

Thanks for trying.

9. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, thats what I have to do every time I have data issues.

10. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

Mine downloads the updates from 3G just fine every time. Wifi too, but once in a blue Wifi sits for about 30 seconds to a minute before it starts to DL, but once it starts, all downloads are quicker then 3G from then on. You could tap each update and cancel the downloads, and try again with just one update - and if it starts going, then start piling on the rest into the queue? Could be the market is just messed up from the way your routing into it (your area) Google has more then one server that hosts the market. It will probably just fix itself like what was said. -droidosis-

11. bluenik25

The problem is related to Google Talk. If you disabled or killed google talk your apps wont download. Re-enable google talk or just log back in and it should fix the issue.

12. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

It could be that the Market servers are just busy with people downloading apps. I have trouble sometimes. Its mostly in the afternoons when most people are off work.

13. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I have this problem as well. Started last night, still going today. Tried canceling downloads, and had a very hard time getting it to cancel the update of the browser (xScope). Had to uninstall that in order to get it to stoop.

I have tried to restart the phone, switch from WiFi to 3G, etc.

This is pissing me off big time.

14. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Give it time. Mine did that yesterday. Just left it over night and it was done.

15. Needsdecaf

I did that. They ran overnight and never moved beyond starting download status.

16. Droidophile

Droidophile Well-Known Member

Similar situation with me last night. Was downloading update to Dialpad Sound thingie. Update was hung at downloading. I killed the download and flipped over to do some texting. Then went back checked my Dialpad app to see if it still worked. It was fine and fully updated. So it must have worked and the hung downloading screen was just fouled up.

Who knows. Seems fine today. I downloaded World Attack with no problems.

17. Needsdecaf

It was startup auditor. Not sure what it was doing. This is the second time I had to uninstall this program. Last time it was majorly bogging my phone down.