• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Droid isn't working after Nandroid Backup

peenapple390

Dec 10, 2009
So I just rooted my phone and did the SPrecovery and everything. It worked perfect.

I tried to install "Bugless Beast" and when I went to install it it said "installation aborted".

So i went to do a Simple Nandroid Backup and it went through to process fine.

I went to reboot and it started the rebooting process.

Now my phone stays on the Motorola icon and thats it!!

I need some help!!!

So I just rooted my phone and did the SPrecovery and everything. It worked perfect.

I tried to install "Bugless Beast" and when I went to install it it said "installation aborted".

So i went to do a Simple Nandroid Backup and it went through to process fine.

I went to reboot and it started the rebooting process.

Now my phone stays on the Motorola icon and thats it!!

I need some help!!!

Unfortunately you did it backwards.

You were supposed to do a nandroid backup BEFORE you flashed the rom, not after. Unless you are saying you did a nandroid recovery.

Try doing a custom nandroid recovery and see if there are older files you can use.

One possible solution is to download the bugless beauty nandroid backup file, restart in recovery, connect your phone, mount the phone, push the nandroid file to your phone, then restore using that nandroid file.

I'm sure there is a nandroid file of a pretty basic (non-Rom'd) setup floating around if you search.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately you did it backwards.

You were supposed to do a nandroid backup BEFORE you flashed the rom, not after. Unless you are saying you did a nandroid recovery.

Try doing a custom nandroid recovery and see if there are older files you can use.

One possible solution is to download the bugless beauty nandroid backup file, restart in recovery, connect your phone, mount the phone, push the nandroid file to your phone, then restore using that nandroid file.

I'm sure there is a nandroid file of a pretty basic (non-Rom'd) setup floating around if you search.

I did do the backup before the ROM. I'm going to try the nandroid setup, i'm not worried about the data on my phone, its only my contacts that i'm worried about and they are backed up...

Upvote 0
well i got it back to a working state, I just completely unrooted the phone but my wallpaper is the wallpaper from Bugless Beast, and I have setCPU on my phone now. I know i don't have root access because when i open it, it says no root access detected. I really wanna root my phone and install that ROM but after what I just went through i don't think so...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones