• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My droid just bricked, is there a physical reset?

drumtrucker

Nov 11, 2009
in my big-truck
I think my Droid just bricked. Cannot get it to do anything.

Tried this:
Spoke to someone from Verizon this morning and found out how to hard reset. Turn phone off, open the keyboard and press x while pressing the power button until you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation point appear. Press the camera button and the volume up button simultaneously until you get a data menu. Using the 5-way pad, scroll down to data reset and click with the D pad. When it is finished resetting, power off and then up again.

Didn't work, no response at all.

Only thing that still functions is when I plug in charger, the charge light does come on

I think my Droid just bricked. Cannot get it to do anything.

Tried this:
Spoke to someone from Verizon this morning and found out how to hard reset. Turn phone off, open the keyboard and press x while pressing the power button until you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation point appear. Press the camera button and the volume up button simultaneously until you get a data menu. Using the 5-way pad, scroll down to data reset and click with the D pad. When it is finished resetting, power off and then up again.

Didn't work, no response at all.

Only thing that still functions is when I plug in charger, the charge light does come on

That should work. I'd keep trying. Do you see the yellow exclamation?

I did a hard reset and it was fine afterwords.

Upvote 0
Yep, one of those times!

Before my brickosode I did have it in a generic holder on my dash of my 18wheeler and it WAS PLUGGED IN!

After calling VZ and the store I bought it from to make preliminary replacement plans... I was backing up my SD card and decided to plug phone back in to leave it sit overnight and hope for a miracle.

As I was futzing around with other stuff I hear 'DROID' as my phone booted itself up. The battery was so dead it couldn't boot, kinda like an iPod (i have a Touch (it's for sale)).

Instead of deleting this post out of embarrasment, I am leaving for edumacatioal purposes and to give flamers a sitting target.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones