• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My droid love is being severly tested lol!!

potatolover1102

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
Houston, Texas
It looked so sexy until they ruined it by forgetting the physical keyboard. A 4.3" phone with no physical keyboard? That's half my netbook's size! This is like giving me a computer and telling me I have to type on the screen. :(

I can't wait for 4G on Verizon, though. 4G and a 4.3" screen with a physical keyboard are really the only things I want in my perfect phone at the moment. 802.11n would be nice, but not important at all when you have 4G! :)

Upvote 0
The phone is beautiful, a true geek's dream. I have to say that HTC is really making some nice phones. But, honestly, who gives a crap about the advertised "4G" aspect of this? This is WiMax, which is barely deployed. Put it on Verizon, with the ability to have LTE turned on when it's deployed, and you have a winner.

WiMax coverage, (nice white map):

wimaxMAP.jpg

Upvote 0
HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

Ok WTF this is out of a dream!!! I mean wow I can not wait to see if Verizon can come up with something next year this good or better. Droid 2 perhaps?? :D

Is it just me or is the Iphone pretty much blown now I mean the competition has revolutionized while apple stays the same and hopes for all the sheep to keep following but i mean this is is getting good!

Were you expecting technology to stand still because the 3GS was out? This blows the 3GS out the water, we all know this. I at least know that Apple will have something out or announced by the time this hits market. Will it be better? Who knows but all I see is a HD2 running Android. Front facing cameras I give two shits about but I'm sure some people will love to have it.

Bottom line is I'm happy with my Droid and don't plan on switching phones or carriers anytime soon.

Upvote 0
The phone is beautiful, a true geek's dream. I have to say that HTC is really making some nice phones. But, honestly, who gives a crap about the advertised "4G" aspect of this? This is WiMax, which is barely deployed. Put it on Verizon, with the ability to have LTE turned on when it's deployed, and you have a winner.

WiMax coverage, (nice white map):

Hmm, is that a red dot I see in New York City? Sounds good to me! :D

Upvote 0
I have to say, that's a VERY nice looking phone with nice features and specs. If it were on Verizon, I might jump all over it. I will stick with my trusty Droid for now, until something much better comes along for Verizon. I'm still debating the N1 actually, coming from the iPhone to the Droid, I find that I hardly ever use the physical keyboard. It is nice from time to time though. Either way, it's nice to have the option to use it, if I feel like it.

Upvote 0
Were you expecting technology to stand still because the 3GS was out? This blows the 3GS out the water, we all know this. I at least know that Apple will have something out or announced by the time this hits market. Will it be better? Who knows but all I see is a HD2 running Android. Front facing cameras I give two shits about but I'm sure some people will love to have it.

Bottom line is I'm happy with my Droid and don't plan on switching phones or carriers anytime soon.

No I did not. I meant that Apple finally has to really step up since really the competition has lagged until the droid and any new phone after as far a really good piece of equipment so my point is that Apple can't do the whole well we threw you three new nifty things so by it anymore because well now that pretty much every other carrier has a very good opponent and better networks, not so much T-mobile but I commend their 3G efforts and how fast they are upgrading, so now they should be worried they have to actually do something as big as the original Iphone was to the public. I love the droid and it is the best by far i have ever had i was just pointing avery nice phone that is a promising sign of the future and I hope we see a even better version on Verizon with LTE and I would love to use that front camera for skype video chat over 4G. My mouth is already watering lol for all the new things coming.

Upvote 0
To be honest with you there is no other carrier in America that I would go to if Verizon crashed than sprint. They are in my opinion the best network after Verizon. I am the biggest Verizon fan ever but to say Sprint ruins this phone I do not agree with. Now if it was AT&T than absolutely but like it or not Sprint does have the first and only 4G network right now so they are a lot better than other carriers other than verizon.

Upvote 0
I'm with you guys on the physical keyboard. I absolutely need it and I love what I'm working with now and hate to lose it. That's just about the only thing stopping me from upgrading to this magnificent piece of hardware. Although I have and like the htc on screen keyboard I just installed on my moment, it is no where near as useful as the physical keyboard I have. (For typing and gaming). How can I play sonic, mario, or tmnt without it? :(

Will just have to wait until late 2010/early 2011 when one of these 4g bad boys has a physical keyboard. I'm patient I can wait.

And yes, I have 4g capibilities already hear in baltimore, yeah! Luck is on my side in this game lol

Upvote 0
i love my droid but the EVO just looks really really good. i can do without the physical keyboard as the screen is so freakin huge, i'm pretty sure it would be pretty easy to type on.

and they are planning on a summer release? my guess is it'll be ported over to verizon by years end, probably holidays. maybe i can switch over to it only after a year into my contract, barring any new developments that make the phone sucky of course.

the HTC HD2 was actually the phone i wanted instead of the droid, but then i found out it was winmo. blegh. HD2 with android is le win for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones