My droid love is being severly tested lol!!

Last Updated:

1. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I still love my DROID and physical keyboard. I wouldn't really use the front camera at all, but that phone is still cool, not that much greater in my opinion, just maybe a small step up.

3. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Phone looks great and specs matter but network is also very important and Verizon is my network. So throw all this on a 5 inch screen Verizon and i will stay for another 2 years.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Pretty impressive. I bet the Droid 2 will blow this thing out of the water, though :)

5. Negativism

Negativism Active Member

Whenever LTE gets here.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

It looked so sexy until they ruined it by forgetting the physical keyboard. A 4.3" phone with no physical keyboard? That's half my netbook's size! This is like giving me a computer and telling me I have to type on the screen. :(

I can't wait for 4G on Verizon, though. 4G and a 4.3" screen with a physical keyboard are really the only things I want in my perfect phone at the moment. 802.11n would be nice, but not important at all when you have 4G! :)

7. blazinreaper

blazinreaper Member

Wow, I just took a glimpse at that new evo, and I was BLOWN AWAY. I am shocked with the 8 MP camera, and let alone, a HDMI plug in? seriously?

8. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same thing as the Motorola Motoroi.

9. shadowdude777

Yeah, besides, you know, all the important stuff. 4G and 4.3" screen?

10. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

The EVO has incredible specs. Easily the best phone announced yet for the US.

11. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

The phone is beautiful, a true geek's dream. I have to say that HTC is really making some nice phones. But, honestly, who gives a crap about the advertised "4G" aspect of this? This is WiMax, which is barely deployed. Put it on Verizon, with the ability to have LTE turned on when it's deployed, and you have a winner.

WiMax coverage, (nice white map):

[​IMG]

12. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

Were you expecting technology to stand still because the 3GS was out? This blows the 3GS out the water, we all know this. I at least know that Apple will have something out or announced by the time this hits market. Will it be better? Who knows but all I see is a HD2 running Android. Front facing cameras I give two shits about but I'm sure some people will love to have it.

Bottom line is I'm happy with my Droid and don't plan on switching phones or carriers anytime soon.

13. shadowdude777

Hmm, is that a red dot I see in New York City? Sounds good to me! :D

14. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

This is what I have been waiting for. Anyone wanna buy a used Droid?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

15. shadowdude777

But... but... I thought you were one of the few users here that actually recognized the importance of a physical keyboard. :(

16. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

I have to say, that's a VERY nice looking phone with nice features and specs. If it were on Verizon, I might jump all over it. I will stick with my trusty Droid for now, until something much better comes along for Verizon. I'm still debating the N1 actually, coming from the iPhone to the Droid, I find that I hardly ever use the physical keyboard. It is nice from time to time though. Either way, it's nice to have the option to use it, if I feel like it.

17. potatolover1102

No I did not. I meant that Apple finally has to really step up since really the competition has lagged until the droid and any new phone after as far a really good piece of equipment so my point is that Apple can't do the whole well we threw you three new nifty things so by it anymore because well now that pretty much every other carrier has a very good opponent and better networks, not so much T-mobile but I commend their 3G efforts and how fast they are upgrading, so now they should be worried they have to actually do something as big as the original Iphone was to the public. I love the droid and it is the best by far i have ever had i was just pointing avery nice phone that is a promising sign of the future and I hope we see a even better version on Verizon with LTE and I would love to use that front camera for skype video chat over 4G. My mouth is already watering lol for all the new things coming.

18. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Nice phone, too bad it's ruined with the Sprint branding and network.. I'll stick with my Big Red and Droid, and once LTE rolls out, I'll move onto something similar with 4G.

19. potatolover1102

To be honest with you there is no other carrier in America that I would go to if Verizon crashed than sprint. They are in my opinion the best network after Verizon. I am the biggest Verizon fan ever but to say Sprint ruins this phone I do not agree with. Now if it was AT&T than absolutely but like it or not Sprint does have the first and only 4G network right now so they are a lot better than other carriers other than verizon.

20. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

I've dropped and cracks my first droid that has a 3.7 inch screen, 89 dollar mistake, but holy crap this think is a monster, I'd be petrified if id drop it I can't imagine what the insurance is going to be on this thing

21. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member

....wow minus not having a physical keyboard,,, this phone is a dream....very nice!

22. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm with you guys on the physical keyboard. I absolutely need it and I love what I'm working with now and hate to lose it. That's just about the only thing stopping me from upgrading to this magnificent piece of hardware. Although I have and like the htc on screen keyboard I just installed on my moment, it is no where near as useful as the physical keyboard I have. (For typing and gaming). How can I play sonic, mario, or tmnt without it? :(

Will just have to wait until late 2010/early 2011 when one of these 4g bad boys has a physical keyboard. I'm patient I can wait.

And yes, I have 4g capibilities already hear in baltimore, yeah! Luck is on my side in this game lol

23. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Sorry, accidental double post.

24. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

I have a 2 year contract with my droid. December 27th, 2011- 4g for me :)

25. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

i love my droid but the EVO just looks really really good. i can do without the physical keyboard as the screen is so freakin huge, i'm pretty sure it would be pretty easy to type on.

and they are planning on a summer release? my guess is it'll be ported over to verizon by years end, probably holidays. maybe i can switch over to it only after a year into my contract, barring any new developments that make the phone sucky of course.

the HTC HD2 was actually the phone i wanted instead of the droid, but then i found out it was winmo. blegh. HD2 with android is le win for me.