• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Droid Randomly Dials

Occasionally when I complete a call and disconnect my phone will randomly dial a recently called number. Last night I disconnected from a call and in a minute or two I began hearing a voice that I thought was coming from outside. I happened to look down at my phone and saw I was connected to another person but before I could answer he hung up and then immediately my phone began dialing another number. I have installed an app called Better Contacts but the random dialing started several weeks after installing the app. The problem also started long before the 2.2 update.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? If so are you using the standard Phone app or do you have an aftermarket contact app?

I have the same problem but no aftermarket contact app. I only installed sound and drawing apps, nothing that should auto-dial. A couple times I actually saw it make the call when I was not touching the screen at all, right after I hung up an earlier call.

It's very frustrating, makes me want to ditch the phone. I'm constantly having to explain to my friends "no, I didn't mean to call you just now, it was a mistake, that's just my stupid phone, sorry...".

Upvote 0
Is there a chance you're using a busted bluetooth?

I had this problem with a previous phone, and it turned out to be my bluetooth. It would randomly dial contacts even if it was in standby mode. (And then it would try to dial another contact even though the first call was still connected.) I had to unpair the damn thing (and ultimately replace it) to make the phone stop dialing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones