• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My droid won't turn on!!!

Z1208

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
Hi! SO I've had my droid for about a year now and lately it hasn't been charging well...meaning when i plug it in i have to jimmy the wire for the white light to show up. And sometimes when I either put the wire in or take it out my whole phone just shuts off and I have to re work it and find a way to make it charge and stay on.
THough today it turns off and when the white light comes on the phone does not turn on at all!! Usually when it's charging the phone turns on but now it doesn't. Even when i press the power button.

HELP!!!

Should I just go buy a new battery?

It sounds like a short circuit somewhere in the phone itself. You should have returned it when the problems first started showing up. You may not have your warranty anymore if you bought it before a year ago today. If you still have your warranty, they will replace it for you. Call up Verizon though, don't go into the store. The store reps tend to be useless assholes while the phone reps are very nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones