• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Droid World has FRG22D!

I cannot, for the love of god, update google maps. I have searched the corner of the forums for a solution but none of them work. Even if I uninstall the .apk and com.google..., I cannot install maps from the market. I can uninstall google maps and reinstall it from this rom's .zip. But I cannot download it from market or download it from the web and install it. Does anyone have any ideas??

I had the same problem and updated my old rom to FRG22 and the updates went though.

Upvote 0
Ok this is the first time I post advice normally I am the one asking questions. I will start off by saying I had the same problem but I search for the solution on the same forum that the link was posted on (my droid world) and this is what I read...

Firstly, it worked. Thank you :)

Secondly, for anyone else that may come along looking for the solution, you said rom frg081b, but I think you meant FRG01B.

Again, thank you for your help. You have saved me a lot of frustration- and for that I'm grateful :D

Edit: I had to uninstall maps from frg22d. I uninstalled the .apk using titanium backup and uninstalled the package by doing this: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones