My Droid's keyboard is acting up..Should I replace it..?

Last Updated:

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I've had my Droid since June of 2010 and up until a few days ago the keys have started to stick. Pretty much when I press down on them they stick for a split second and spring back up making a click noise each time I click on certain keys (Almost all of them).

Not many of the keys are giving me double letters when I type due to this but some are. I called Verizon about it they want to troubleshoot the issue and I have no problem with doing that, I just will do it later at home since I am out now.

So what do you guys think..? Should I replace it or keep using it some more see if the sticking stops? I really REALLY hate to replace my Droid seeing as it's new fresh out of the box and I've had no other problems with it.

--Nick

Advertisement
  2. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

I would, because after your warranty its going to be YOU paying 500 dollars for a new device. I take advantage of my factory warranty, the slightest issues I get the deviced replaced. Call me a cheap skate, or what ever you want....but I really hate getting my pockets cleaned when I could have had it fixed during the one year warranty. I had this issue aswell and they replaced my device with a droid 2. I even went so far as to complain about recieving a scratched devices on my warranty. If I return a new phone to Verizon I expect to recieve a new phone back; not yesterdays garbage...

All in all do it. Worst case scenario they might send you a bad phone, if so just call em up and complain. They might give you a upgrade.

3. xxteargodxx

I don't have insurance so I doubt I can be offered anything but a Droid but that's okay with me. Going to call Verizon in the morning.

4. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's broken.

5. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

You get 1 year normal factory warranty.

6. xxteargodxx

Just got off the phone with Verizon they had me do troubleshooting for the physical keyboard issue -_- which is normal I guess but ugh how would that be even possible to fix with their "battery pull fixes".

Anyhow they are sending me out a replacement Droid with Overnight shipping through Fed Ex. I tried to mention that since Verizon doesn't sell Motorola Droids if I'd get a phone of equal or greater value back and they told me I will and I'd receive a Motorola Droid as they are still in stock but eventually they will run out they say and then start replacing with Droid 2's.

7. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

When you get your Refurb, make sure to check every single detail on it. Don't hesitate to call back for another, be persistant. I just shipped out 4 phones because the phones they sent me sucked.

1) Frozed up
    2) Scratched up

Got a droid 2

3) Scratched up
    4) Finally got a working phone, no issues thus far.

Keep calling up and don't settle for anything less than "like new." If you spent $500 on a new phone, why should they have the right to replace it with a P.O.S. Good luck dude!