• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My DX is freaking out - I need a major tune-up!

Chingon_ed

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
Issues:
Google Voice - this application is INSANELY laggy. I touch the home screen icon and it takes ~30sec-1min to load the inbox. Half the time I'm unable to send the message (just hangs and then sometimes says it failed). Now it's not even responding. Force closes every so often and I've powered on/off numerous times.

Angry Birds App - just disappeared on me the other day? It's just not there anymore.

I have the most recent OTA update and dowloaded the app installer and z4root. I ran it and now have the superuser icon, but got interrupted before finishing the root, custom ROM route.

Here's what I'd like to do:
Remove bloatware/apps I don't use - I know there's a thread here somewhere to do that.

Factory reset? Maybe this would help, and the only thing I'm concerned about losing is contact info - how do I avoid that?

I searched for threads about people having problems with Google Voice, but it looks like it's my phone...

Thanks for any help!

just factory reset man...you can upload your contacts to gmail or use the backup assistant for your contacts through verizon i believe.

so just get the application back up app from the market and install it , save all your apps on there and then save your contacts to verizon with back up assistant and factory reset your phone.

Upvote 0
What Wally is saying is you can use the Maderstock zip to flash back to stock without SBFing. First go into Clockwork Recovery and wipe data / factory reset then flash the Maderstock zip. If it gets stuck in a boot loop (not unusual) then do a battery pull and reboot. Once back to stock when you sign in to your Google account your contacts will reload from the cloud. From this point you can root and flash a rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones