My DX keeps rebooting....Support

Last Updated:

1. sjf

sjf Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know why...but just came home after driving with my DX using nav and playing pandora at the same time.....

Took it out of the dock and 30min later...my phone keeps rebooting. On it's own. A vicious cycle. I have taken out the battery to no avail.

How do I make it stop???

Advertisement
  2. sjf

sjf Member This Topic's Starter

I spoke with vzw support and did a master wipe and reset... It will take a while to get everything back on my phone but at least it isn't rebooting anymore.... Thanks Talia at vzw support.

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

to do a factory wipe. Hold the power and the home key, when the motorola logo pops up, release the power button. When you see the triangle and the android release the home key and press the search key. use the volume rocker to select factory data and wipe that, and wipe the cache too. reboot and see if that helps. It didn't help me, but it might help you. glad my replacement will be here tomorrow.

4. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Mine was doing sporadic reboots. When I took it in to the store, the CSR told me that they have a note about this "problem" and they are simply replacing the DX's. Mine is supposed to be here in a couple of days.

My question is how do I reinstall my PURCHASED apps? I have quite a few that I do not want to repurchase, obviously. All of my purchased apps were bought through the market.

5. dshay

dshay Active Member

Once you sign back in with your google ID, they will show up in the market as "purchased" and you can re-install without re-purchasing. Now if you were running stock, on say the Droid, instead of the Droid X, the reinstalls would have been automatic.... but I digress...