my earpiece buzzes!!Support

Last Updated:

1. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so my earpiece rattles and buzzes sooo much. do most ppl have this issue? ppl that have taken it to verizon. is it a blown speaker? and did they give u any troble about getting it replaced? any what would cause it to blow?

Advertisement
  2. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I have this issue as well, it's more noticeable when my volume is at MAX. Personally, it's not a deal breaker for me.

3. sx4dude2013

should i just deal with it? i hope it doesn't just quit working some day...,idk what to do

4. PatrickBatemanVP

PatrickBatemanVP Active Member

Mine does this as well. I bought it at Best Buy and will be returning it for a brand new replacement. The only problem is that all the BB's around me are out of stock, so who knows when that will actually be....

5. tuanster1119

tuanster1119 Well-Known Member

Does it buzz when your phone is set to vibrate too? I have noticed that mine buzzes whenever I type with the keyboard. I like having the haptic feedback but I hate the buzzing noise it makes when I'm typing.

6. sx4dude2013

no. my haptic feedback is off....

7. tuanster1119

tuanster1119 Well-Known Member

would you mind turning it on just to see if it causes a buzz? To answer your original question, I don't think it is because the speaker is blown. I think something is loose in the ear piece that is buzzing when moved. I can actually hear a buzz when I lightly tap the top of my phone against my palm, so that would lead me to believe something is loose in there.

8. sx4dude2013

I have not had the "loose sound" issue on my X.....I HAVE HAD IT ON MY BOLD! it was deammed that it was the camera lens....it could be whats happening to ur droid. go to a store and see if the display does it....Good Luck!

9. lbw

lbw Active Member

I am currently using my second Droid X. It makes the buzzing noise that you are talking about. There is definitely something wrong with the phone because the first one I had was crystal clear (just had other problems). I would have it replaced.

10. kkwan77

I recently replaced my unit with a certified-like new device and my earpiece is crystal clear, no more buzzing when placing calls or receiving calls.

I recommend getting it sent out for a replacement.

11. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

I replaced my first X because of this very problem. New one sounds perfect.

12. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

I just got this phone, but I'm not sure if I have the buzz or if I'm paranoid.

It buzzes quite a bit when the phone is ringing, or with an automated voice, but voice calls seem okay?

13. kkwan77

That's the buzzing problem that's being reported. Of course there are variations in the severity level, if it becomes intolerable get it replaced.

Simple...

14. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

I have the buzz but I'm hesitant to replace it - I don't want to lose all my apps and settings, and I don't like refurb. Not to mention the long wait!

15. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Apps can be backed up via AppBrain. Settings can be backed up with My Backup Pro. Refurb only if you're over your 30 day window, which you can't possibly be because the phone was just launched a few weeks back.

Better to replace now and get a new phone than to wait and really get a refurb. Actually refurbs are ok, most of the time. I've had several and you really can't tell. Except me, I know when someones dirty little paws have been on my stuff. LOL

16. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

yep, i just finally got my replacement yesterday. let me tell you, this phone is such a better device. apparently i had more issues than just the ear piece, cause i can see how much better this one runs all around than the previous. don't wait, get it replaced.

17. kkwan77

Long wait?!? I got mine within 2 days. And the certified-like new device was better than my original 'new' one.

18. Doctorsti

Doctorsti Active Member

Just got my replacement droid x (so x2) in my case... now this one has the crazy buzzing when anyone talks to me... ahhhh I am pretty frustrated now. Just got off with tech support and apparently the tech at the store sent me a "like new replacement" which is not what I was supposed to get and now I have to go back tomorrow to demand a brand new phone in a brand new box from them or have one shipped to me... this is ridiculous.

19. Dell

Dell Active Member

There has been many,many discussions on this have you guys tried the pressurized air can idea? Do a search and you can find it, but essentially go get one of those pressurized cans of air used for cleaning electronic equipment and blow it in the ear piece. ( I used the pressurized air from my bike tire) but it sounds crazy, but it worked. Just blow the air in the ear piece and the buzzzzzz goes away.

Tumeg likes this.
  20. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Great, now hackers are starting to use vuvuzelas.

21. Doctorsti

Doctorsti Active Member

Really a blast if air fixes it for how long?
    If its loose i can't imagine its a permanent fix.

22. jp3_99

jp3_99 Active Member

I would imagine the air frees up the speaker. I have experienced similar issues with regular speakers in the past. When they are new or have sat around for a long time I think the speaker cone kind of sticks. The way I have always fixed the it is turning them up really really loud and it seems to make the buzzing sound go away. The air probably does something similar for the earpiece speaker. Since you can't turn them up loud enough to get them free.

Tumeg likes this.
  23. Dell

Dell Active Member

I know it sounds crazy, but please dont take my word on it - search, see what you come up with. If you dont think it will work that is your choice, but its worth a shot. It's been 3 weeks since I blasted mine with air ( I know not much to prove anything longterm, but worth a s try)

24. kkwan77

Notify VZW and have them send you a certified-like new replacement. I don't have the buzzing problem anymore.

25. lbw

lbw Active Member

I have had five Droid X phones. Numbers 2, 4 and 5 have the buzzing noise. This is getting a little ridiculous. I'm going to try the canned air trick before I send this one back.