My Emails are disappearing from my Gmail Inbox. Has this happend to you?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SamsungVibrant, Oct 21, 2010.

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I've heard this happening with Gmail to other people, but I didn't believe it, now it's happening to me.

I had a very very very vitally important email sent to me yesterday, and after viewing it, it just vanished. Gone for good. I can't find it. I've checked every folder, I've checked All Mail, I've checked trash, I've checked spam, drafts, everywhere. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've had an email vanish in the past 3 months. Completely gone, as if it never existed, without me deleting it.

Has anyone else experienced this with Gmail? I know a few people who don't use Gmail for this very reason, but I thought they were crazy, now it's happening to me. HELP! I need that email back

Advertisement

2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    Not happening to me. View your labels and see how many days your inbox is set to sync for

3. sarastech

sarastech New Member

Jun 26, 2012
    It has happened to me many times. I thought I had imagined the email the first time. I am mystified, but am sure it is some kind of setting I am unaware of. I could use some guidance.

4. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    I know if you delete an email from GMail on your desktop/laptop, it will disappear from your phone. But it should still be sent to the Trash folder (not [Imap] trash) on both.

You might check the Trash folder from mail.google.com to see if it's there, but if it wasn't in that location on the phone, it shouldn't be there on the website. Check your Spam folder also, just for good measure.

5. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    To the OP, your mails are vanishing from Gmail's web interface? That's strange. Has not yet happened to me. I do, however, leave copies of my mails that arrive in my primary gmail account in a number of secondary accounts (I use a combination of Gmail and Hotmail to do that). Nevertheless, this would be a problem...I am eager to learn what happens next. Please do keep updating.

As usual, Google's support is unhelpful. And, this apparently, has happened before. Look at this link.