My eris Adventure!General

Last Updated:

1. DERIS12

DERIS12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i want to preface this story by saying that I love the droid Eris. I am a big fan, I have just had some set backs and I thought that you, the community might enjoy my story. I got my Eris about 2 months ago. My other phone was broken and so i went and decided that instead of getting the same phone that I would upgrade to an Eris. I bring home the phone and am loving every minute of the time with my phone but there is a problem where HTC sense will need to restart every so often. this did not bother me at first but it started to get more frequent. I was playing with what apps to install and not install and at Verizon they installed ATK and then i came on here and tried it with out ATK. the phone did not improve. I finally took it to verizon after about a month when the freeze this would happen about 6 times a day. they said I just needed a restart so they reset the phone back to the factory and the phone appeared fine. I go home and the phone keeps telling me that my Email address is invalid. so i go back to verizon 2 days later same guy helps me and he reinstalls the mail. all appears fixed. Then I find out that when my phone is charging the screen us almost unusable because the phone will randomly select things. on back to verizon for the third time in a month. I get a nice person who tells me that my usb port is hitting my track ball and causing it to move.
    So now I am waiting for the new phone in the mail and the continuing saga w/ my eris. I still love this phone and have persuaded 2 other people to get the phone. I will keep this up to date with the happenings of my phone.

Advertisement
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

The assembly robots were having a bad day when your Eris was built.

Unfortunately, machines built by machines means one of two things...

1. You get the occasional bad device when it is not perfectly set on the assembly line

2. SkyNet is targeting you as one of the first to die in the uprising

You got lucky.... [​IMG]

3. abn75

abn75 Well-Known Member

Wait...you mean SkyNet isnt targeting us all?? So I can get rid of all the guns and food I have stocked up?
    Seriously, sometimes when they put together any type of machine, problems occur. I hate you have had all these issues, but hopefully they get resolved soon.

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I repair computers for a living, and by far the biggest question I get is "How come this part wore out faster than that part?"

Unfortunately, most of the customers I deal with wouldn't get the SkyNet joke, and trying to figure out how to explain "It just happens, that's why there are warranties" get's difficult to do without sounding callous.

But that's the reality of it. Definitely sucks when it happens. I'm glad the OP was getting what sounded like competent help, though. it sucks even worse when you get the "Sucks to be you" answer...

5. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

:eek:

In all seriousness, your next Eris SHOULDN'T be this bad. I think everything that could have gone wrong with the Eris went wrong on yours, and the chances of that happening again are pretty slim in my opinion.

Still funny though, even though it is technically laughing at your misfortune. But hey, at least you're getting a new one :)

6. jkmailley

jkmailley Well-Known Member

But wait, is this the T-800 Terminator that comes after Sarah or the one that is reprogrammed to help John?

7. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member

both

8. DERIS12

I am still very happy with my Eris and with verizon. the phone i had 2 cycles ago taught me how to deal with verizon. In the two years I had the model I went through at least 5 phones. they were clueless as to what would happen. it was a dumbphone that could barely take pictures and somehow it would get viruses, but that phone would last apart from the viruses. it could be thrown at a wall and would be fine. I learned then to just go in, state the exact problems and they will probably fix it asap. Dell on the other hand has the worst Customer service reps. but thats for another day.

9. DERIS12

I have an update for Eris Users who want something other than waiting for the OTA to distract them.

so i have gotten my replacement phone finally and have been using it for 2 days now. I must say that from the start this phone is less buggy and faster and is doing very well and not draining my battery like the last one. So I happy with it untill i tried to make a call with it today and realized that it sounds like I am rubbing sand paper on the speaker.

Well tomorrow i get to go off to verizon. and PS thankfully I did not get the update on this one yet.

10. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

When you get the new one... ROOT THAT SUCKA!