my eris broke somehow....helpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so last night, i go to send a text, which i had been doing all night, and i get an error saying it cant be sent. i try again.and again.and again. cant send a text. so naturally, i turn off my phone and turn it back on again. when it boots back up i get all these error messages like android.phone has stopped working, etc and i have to force close like 5 windows.

i cant call anyone. i cant text anyone. i cant get on the internet. i can though connect to wifi, but when i go to the store to download a contact backup app, it wont download.

so my problem is this : im going to factory reset my phone, but i wanna save all my contacts. i have app brain so im good there. is there anyway to download a contact backup app via my computer so i can transfer it to my phone via USB?

any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'm wondering about a task killer gone mad. Have any of those installed on your phone? If so see if you can get control of the phone long enough to deleted them. Also there is a setting in Spare Parts (I think) that could cause that.

3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

did you recently install an app? can you make a call? If you install "too" many apps on 1.5 you hit a OS threshold that kills all network/voice/3G data. this bug has been fixed in 2.1

I've hit this threshold at least 5 times when I was on 1.5, I love trying new apps out. But 2.1 gives you more space to actually use! :)

You dont have to backup your contacts, they get backed up to your google account. I've never had to backup contacts manually, assuming you always add contacts to the Google account, and not just your phone.

4. joshminton

ive been using a task killer since i got my phone a couple months ago, i dont think its that. ive been using spare parts for a couple weeks and never had any problems with it either.

this realy just came out of nowhere

5. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Josh did you pull the battery? Had this happen only once and the phone just froze, pulled the battery and perfect phone back.

6. joshminton

ok... weird i uninstalled a couple apps. some memory cleaner thing and spare parts, and couple games i installled recently and then restarted my phone and now its fine again....

7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Well, not really so weird... :)
    Glad you got your phone working again without having to do a factory reset.

8. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Great! Glad you have your phone back. I did uninstall spare parts (while still on 1.5) and it did seem to clear up some issues for me.

9. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Too many apps can cause force close errors. It's not the number of apps, but rather the amount of memory left over. If I have less than 20MB of memory left, my phone becomes a bit laggy. Under 17MB and the phone quits working.