My Eris has 2.1 and it is TERRIBLE

Last Updated:

1. wordup

wordup New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

My Eris went to 2.1 last week. Since the change, it crashes constantly. The camera often does not work (I just get a black screen), and 50% of the time I try to make a phone call, it just doesn't connect and I have to restart the phone. Also, when I bring up the number pad to find a contact or dial a number, about 50% of the time it is incredibly frustratingly slow so it takes about 15 seconds for each number to register.

Any ideas?

THANKS

Advertisement
  2. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member

Wife has the exact same issue. When she called Verizon their fix was to send a replacement phone!

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Most of the bugs and problems can be fixed with a factory reset which wipes the phone. The silent call bug is widely known though, and hopefully HTC and Verizon will come out with a patch soon.

4. wordup

wordup New Member This Topic's Starter

I called Verizon. I did a *228, we'll see if that works. They said if it doesn't, do a factory reset, and if that doesn't work, get a new phone.

The tech support lady told me this was the first she had heard about the silent call bug. Also, during the call, I had to hit some buttons on the keypad, which wouldn't come up. She'd never heard of that happening either.