• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my eris has a mind of its own.

I was talking to my husband when my Eris started vibrating nonstop!!! I had to shut my phone off like 3x. My gmail password is right and it still won't sign me in.it take a whole minute to call anyone on my phone list, I miss calls, when I go to answer my phone after two rings it ends call. And last but not least, my assigned ringtones don't play for my contacts, it only plays the default. I have tried everything. I'm wondering if i should take it to Verizon and get a new one.

I was talking to my husband when my Eris started vibrating nonstop!!!

I had to shut my phone off like 3x.

My gmail password is right and it still won't sign me in.

it take a whole minute to call anyone on my phone list

I miss calls, when I go to answer my phone after two rings it ends call.

my assigned ringtones don't play for my contacts, it only plays the default.

I have tried everything.

I'm wondering if i should take it to Verizon and get a new one.

Welcome to the forums, adanilda. Sorry to see all those issues; what a mess. :eek:

Your last remark there holds one possible solution; it's obvious you have a defective device with areas of malfunction throughout the system.

As mentioned in another post, a good tech will probably want to see at least one of those fatal behaviors before allowing a replacement.

A few things come to mind: during those behaviors, were you using the device with the charging cable plugged in? Sometimes doing that can cause strange behaviors which go away by unplugging and then shutting off and re-starting it.

Also, dust, dirt, sweat and other moisture as well as heat from the sun will wreak havoc on these things.

One question, have you attempted a factory data reset? It is a long shot in your case, but it seems worth a try before heading to the store.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

Good luck; please post back to tell us how things are going.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones