My Eris is suddenly acting completely wackyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jerosoma

jerosoma New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got this phone a couple weeks ago and other than a few times when it does something random for no reason, it's been okay.

Suddenly, today, every time I try to do anything at all with the phone, make a phone call, open an app, anything, it says "The application _____ has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." And no signal, no service, nothing. Any ideas? Nothing happened to it that I know of. I have tried rebooting it a couple times without improvement. Thanks for any advice. I am really perplexed.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Try taking out the battery (turn the phone off first), leave the battery out for a minute or so, then put the battery back in and restart the phone. That's a full reset (you won't loose your data) as opposed to just a reboot - maybe that will help.

Also, have you downloaded any new apps? If so it might be time to consider uninstalling them.

3. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

Take it into the store. I had this same issue with my first Eris and the said it wont connect to the verizon network for whatever reason and they had to replace it.

4. jfont25

jfont25 New Member

My Eris did this last night.
    I must have rebooted it 10 times trying different fixes and uninstalling everything I had installed that day.
    What finally seemed to work (I assume this is what worked since my phone started working after I did it) was to turn on airplane mode (one of the few functions that was still working), do a graceful shutdown (power button), remove the battery, wait one minute, replace battery, turn on phone, turn off airplane mode, and it started working again.

I cannot completely confirm this is what fixed it. It could have just randomly started working, but it makes me feel better think otherwise.

5. Fathawk

Fathawk Member

My Eris seems to only do hinky stuff when I'm using Slacker. Reboots, deletes contents of my card, makes randon calls when not being touched at all. It also seems to rebooted from slacker and reboots when I get an email notification.

It's strange but beyond that, no other probs since the update. Battery life post update is awesome though.

6. YoshiMan123

YoshiMan123 Active Member

This happened to me too. After the update, when it rebooted it started doing this. I did a factory reset and all was fine. Then the next night it did it again, and I did a factory reset again. Now, a week (and 1 day) later, it hasn't happened since.