My estimate for Android 2.2 release

Last Updated:

1. KeithB139

KeithB139 Member This Topic's Starter

Here is my guess for the release of 2.2 for the Motorola Droid.

I think It will come out at the latest June 4th.

Think about it NFS Shift is going to come out June 4th. It's 48MB, Droid will definitally be the second phone to get 2.2 considering it's stock Android. Since Nexus One is just getting it that means when Need for Speed Shift comes out only two phones will have enough memory to save the game at without totally clogging your memory.

Nexus One and Droid Incredible(Because of 8GB onboard memory)

Company's are going to want to adopt this ASAP and considering Droid is Stock and was the 2nd device to get 2.1(Yes I know it's hard to believe after waiting two months that it was the 2nd and not the 23rd) Motorola would be stupid to wait.

Advertisement
  2. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

I hope your theory is right.

3. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

I will also make a prediction: We'll see Droid commercials featuring NFS just like they featured layar. And this will be the payback for game devs (such as Gameloft): make a rocking android app and who cares about all the problems of the Market if it gets a spot on TV?

Note: there are lots of games for iphone but out of all games available for it, the only one I saw featured in their commercials was The Sims and some puzzle game that can run on a G1.

4. PatrickHuey

PatrickHuey Active Member

well, im thinking that alot of stuff is going to be changing in the month of June. the mytouch slide is coming out, and when that happens alot of the mainstream HTC phones that are still running 1.6, (like my mytouch?!?!#%$#) are getting 2.1

5. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

6. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

I hope the mods get smart and start deleting all of these wild ass speculation threads that clutter up the forum before every upcoming update like cyber litter.
    It's really f'ing annoying.

Nissan1973 and Flahusky like this.
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

PK, you know better by now - they love these speculation threads b/c it generates traffic, even from folks like us that get sick and tired of these and the FUD posts....

8. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Dude, why didn't you make this post of yours a new thread!? The thread list is not nearly cluttered enough yet with posts about when 2.2 is (not) going to come out.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

lmfao - good answer! (/me wonders who doesn't get his sarcasm....)

10. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member

I can't wait for all the cry babies to get big time PO'd because they are tired of waiting for 2.2. I love reading about users going back to the fruit fones (Apple, Blackberry, Banana rama, whatever) because they feel unloved.

11. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

amen.. same with the endless Flash threads - though they are more and more becoming the same. UGH!

stand by, I am a few hours away from starting my "my estimate of when Jesus is going to return" thread, knowing how valuable "my" opinion is ;)

12. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

I can't wait! Looking forward to what shadowdude has to say about it, too.:D

13. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

A 48 MB Game will have nothing to do with it. Many apps are plenty large. Most large apps make the app (or in this case...game engine) a meg or 2 max. The rest of the data is then stored on the SD card...

Oh, and to make myself feel better about all of the 2.2/Flash threads, I am going to make a new post twice a week about a slingplayer client until it is released...Just wanted to warn you all :p