My EVO: Born 6-4-10, Deceased 8-2-10Support

Last Updated:

1. bigcpa

bigcpa New Member This Topic's Starter

Took my EVO off the charger this morning. The power button brought up the white HTC reboot screen. From there it went black and never came back up. I did not root the phone or install anything outside the norm. Sprint sent out a replacement, no questions asked. They said I could swap out the SD card. C'est la vie.

Advertisement
  2. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

At least you get a replacement no questions asked!

3. ZNA03

ZNA03 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Did you try to mess with it or just gave up and considered it dead?

Like maybe the charger didn't charge it or the battery went out? Just trying to cover the bases.

4. LcsEvo

LcsEvo Well-Known Member

This same thing is now happening with my phone. I even changed the batterys and it will come on. Once I go to a APP phone shuts off and will not cut on with whatever battery I used. 2 batterys down 3 to go. Dont know how to react

5. bigcpa

bigcpa New Member This Topic's Starter

I switched out my battery and the EVO will power up but can no longer charge the battery. New EVO should arrive today from Sprint. But in the process of swapping batteries with my wife's EVO, now her phone is having trouble charging as well, with several different chargers. I'm thinking the charging port could be the issue. Found a thread on this issue here:
    http://androidforums.com/support-tr...105948-power-port-already-broken-htc-evo.html