My Evo camera stops workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. davehries

davehries Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

1st post.

This morning my camera and video camera would open and then immediately close down.

I shut the phone down and rebooted. Camera still did not open. Next, I shutdown the phone and removed the battery. After a few moments, I reinstalled the battery and rebooted. The camera still would not open. I had to do other work, so I just set the phone aside for a few hours. When I came back, I tried the camera again and after a short pause it opened, but not as smoothly as in the past. It is still not opening as it should. First it displays a very quick view of the desktop with an error message. It goes too fast for me to read and then it opens the camera app.

Anyone experienced this problem? Do you think it is software, hardware or [​IMG]

Thanks for any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Try a hard reset first. If that doesnt work, then its hardware related, and you should get a replacement.

3. hsmd50

hsmd50 New Member

Rear view camera on my rooted HTC EVO 4G also stopped working. Soft and hard booting didn't fix it. Finally I pulled the SD card and rebooted just with phone memory and the camera finally worked. Reinserted SD card and it kept working. Some registry setting apparently gets rewritten on the phone memory.

dustwun77 likes this.