My EVO is perfect now - CRAP!

Last Updated:

1. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm depressed. You see, after months of playing with my EVO, tweaking it and trying every new rom, kernel and theme that came down the pike, it is now pretty much PERFECT.

It's fast. It looks good and my home screens are laid out just right.

Crap! :rolleyes:

P.S.: cm6 nightly / snap 7.6 kernel w turbo / 1.7x PRI / LauncherPro / 2545 Quadrant Score / 50+ FPS

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Ok...

3. Shadax

Shadax Well-Known Member

That makes absolutely no sense. I would instead be at peace with my Evo yet eager for more updates/tweaks.

How about tell us what rom you're using, kernel etc. Tell the experience in a little more detail and what rooted apps you use.

Furthermore I would beg to differ that you are experiencing "perfect" battery life. But if you are, at least tell us how you did it.

Otherwise you're post is pretty... useless and nonsensical.

4. mitchellvii

Lol, geesh, you don't get irony do you?

The post is tongue-in-cheek. My point is that playing with my EVO and tweaking it was such fun that I am now disappointed that I actually have it pretty much like I want it. Every time I pick up to make some change I realize there is nothing to change because it is "perfect" (well, for me anyway).

I was hoping peeps would get the humor so I wouldn't have to S.P.E.L.L. it out. Oh well :rolleyes:.

5. mitchellvii

Lol, seriously, dude, it's just a phone. I'm not at peace with my toaster either ;).

You really shouldn't say things like that about someone's thread. I'm sorry you didn't get the joke - I'll refund your money .

6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Since you're running CM6, have you tried using HID devices with your phone? I believe it's the only custom ROM that supports it. In case you're bored :)

7. sbmf66

sbmf66 Member

I get it Mitchellvii. Not everyone has the ability to read emotions in text. Maybe you should have slapped a lol or a smiley in your first post.

8. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

This would make a nice bedtime story for my kids.....................NOT.

9. Doomsquadxxx

Doomsquadxxx Member

Damm sounds sweet play with my evo it could sure use some tlc...right now its just slow bulky and a battery hog ...

10. mitchellvii

Ok. Now that comment was just odd.

11. cremona

cremona Well-Known Member

post screenshots! thats a ridiculous quadrant score...

12. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

good lord some people need to lighten up and see it was a joke, bet ya'll are hits at a party :D

13. N3tt3chman

N3tt3chman Member

Thats the combo i was using... then my video was all messed up there were lines running through my screen... i just turned the screen off and back on and it would fix it but i was concerned i may have messed something up so i went back to Fresh... my top quadrant score on CM6 was 2740 but forgot to take a screen shot in all the excitement... here is my next best score.[​IMG]

14. cremona

what is cm6 nightly? i know what cm6 is....also can you apply this rom and kernel after the unrevoked3 rooting process?

15. N3tt3chman

N3tt3chman Member

the nightlys are the experimental builds... im not 100% sure on the unrevoked3.. i ran unrevoked 3 and forever i think unrevoked 3 is just root and then forever is a nand unlock but im not sure... if you are fully rooted and have the nand unlocked then yes you can apply those...

16. mitchellvii

I am using it and it ROCKS. Looks awesome and super-smooth. Also, Sense-based so 4g. Anyway, it's getting all the buzz over at xda-developers. Check it out - good looking rom.

[ROM] Myn

17. cremona

What kernel are you using with it? and what kind of results speed wise are you showing?

18. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, OP.

Once you have the perfect phone, there is nothing to look forward to or to tweak. I am at peace with my Evo and Epic.

When I was with my Samsung Moment I desperately refreshed all the Android sites for a new super phone that be vastly better, every day every hour, in the last 3-4 months.

Now I still am very interested in new phones, but not in the desperate way. I am now just more interested in seeing what the market offers, rather than looking to ditch my phone and get something new ASAP, LOL.

19. cremona

with my cm6 and snap 7.6 kernel my best was 1800. i could overclock it past 119400 or it would just freeze up and reboot...

20. Meltz014

Meltz014 Well-Known Member

What do your homescreens look like?