• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Evo is running slow please help me

zmejicano

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
Okay so I'm new to Android phones the Evo is my first phone. When I first got it it was running fast then I had a problem with the camera so I got a free replacement due to Sprints 30 day free replacements, after getting the replacement nothing was the same anymore it was slow and at first I tought it had to do with the network but its been slow for 2 weeks now it takes 15 seconds to load a simple web page and downloading is a pain in the ass, I can't watch YouTube videos because it says cant play video and the same for Droid streamer.

The Evo is not rooted
It's running on 2.2
Please help me

yes.

specifically menu.settings.system updates and run through each one. if this does not fix it either take it in to a sprint store or call them and ask for reprovisioning. it is a forced data profile update. They may also do the streaming audio fix. Both seem to help with internet speeds.

You may also ask them to do a forced update 3.70 to your phone first, then do the second items ....this would have to be done in store or at home by you. For the short amount of time you have had your phone I would say take it to them and request it.

These 0004 phones sure do seem to have alot of issues. My friend just took hers back for random complete reboots. She has had it for 3 days

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones